Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello Fellow Freeks,

Just curious if anyone is familiar with this brand? And knows what movements they use. On the surface they have a neat concept of interchangability of the bands with a watch dial...seam to be gaining popularity.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

This company? http://toywatchusa.com/

ABOUT TOYWATCH "TOYWATCH...has been a runaway hit since their debut."
- Kristina Dechter, The New York Times
"Hollywood is obsessed with this Italian-made chronograph wristwatch."
- Life & Style Weekly
"Many industry executives say they have not seen this kind of buzz since Swatch premiered its Swiss manufactured watches in 1983."
- Womens Wear Daily
In the fall of 2005, Milan-based designer and wristwatch aficionado Marco Mavilla designed the first TOYWATCH. A lightweight, oversized plastic watch, inspired by high design timepieces, TOYWATCH is unexpected, arresting and irreverent. Under the direction of fine-watch collector and TOYWATCH USA CEO, Randy Gordon, TOYWATCH was brought to the USA in the summer of 2006. An anti-luxury statement in a luxury obsessed culture, TOYWATCH has become the "it" wristwatch and the "must-have" item among style influentials and tastemakers. The brand ignited a firestorm in the fashion, design and accessories industries and has been heralded as a sensation by the press. Fall of 2007 will welcome the first ever, freestanding TOYWATCH store - if you find yourself at Via Montenapoleone in Milan, come check out ToyWatch.
TOYWATCH watches are available at www.toywatchusa.com, and in more than 300 fine stores, including Barney's, Henri Bendel, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdales. Fans of TOYWATCH include Oprah, Madonna, Sienna Miller, Clive Owen, Jessica Alba, Owen Wilson, Uma Thurman and Katie Holmes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Appreciate the response, I saw the PR piecce from their website. Have you or any other freaks had any experience good or bad with them? Also, what movement(s) do they use?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Huh, never heard of this company before. I like the looks of the stainless chrono. If it's real popular with the Holywood crowd, then I'll be staying away, no offense!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
If it's real popular with the Holywood crowd, then I'll be staying away, no offense!
Far and away the most popular current watch with the "Hollywood crowd" is the Paneri. You are not staying away from those watches, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.