Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I couldn't pass this one up and I don't have any with roman numerals. It is still wrapped and unsized. I will have to take care of that later tonight!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Nice job.

That's a great looking piece.

Really like the bracelet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

oh.. and can someone help me with photos. How does everyone get such clear photos? It took me 8-10 tries to get a clear unflashed over photo and it is still terrible..lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Nice job.

That's a great looking piece.

Really like the bracelet.
Thanks. That was one thing I liked about it too and the latch portion blends with the braclet almost seamless except for the logo.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

MustangDreamer wrote:
oh.. and can someone help me with photos. How does everyone get such clear photos? It took me 8-10 tries to get a clear unflashed over photo and it is still terrible..lol
Ifyour camerahas a macro mode use it for your close up shots but make sure your photo looks clear throught the LCD screen on back. If you get to close, the subject will get blurry. On another Thread Toe mentioned aninexpensive tripod and using the camera's timer to take your watch photos. If you have the camera's owner manual that is always the best place to learn about what your camera can do and it's features. Also, just keep taking photos and the more you use your camera the easier it should be to get better photos. I hope this helps a little. Please feel free to keep asking questions. By the way. Congrats on your gorgeous new timepiece. Enjoy and wear it in good health. ....Bob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

mikeizzy wrote:
Congrats on a very classy looking watch. Very nice.
Thanks.

ha... the watch is classy but I'm surely not.:q

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Bob.

I will try the macro setting. I have a Sony 7.2 cyber-shot. Not a great camera but it was good enough for internet pictures. Maybe I am expecting more out of it...lol

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

MustangDreamer wrote:
Thanks Bob.

I will try the macro setting. I have a Sony 7.2 cyber-shot. Not a great camera but it was good enough for internet pictures. Maybe I am expecting more out of it...lol
Hi Mustang Dreamer, Sony makes an awesome camera. Most Sony cameras can crop photos inside the camera. Check and see if yours has that feature. If you get a sharp photo, the in camera crop is a great feature, hopefully your camera has it.....Bob

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
congrats. I loved visiting Tourneau today at the GGT. Was great to try on all the Oris watches I have been looking at.

congrats on your watch!!!
James it was awesome meeting you today brutha...I went and tried that Oris Pd and now i am confused even more....lol...I did narrow it down now..The oris or the panny...lol..

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
congrats. I loved visiting Tourneau today at the GGT. Was great to try on all the Oris watches I have been looking at.

James it was awesome meeting you today brutha...I went and tried that Oris Pd and now i am confused even more....lol...I did narrow it down now..The oris or the panny...lol..
AWESOME MEETING YOU ALSO!!!

I went and tried it on also and to be 100% honest, even though it is a big 51mm and cool - I also tried on the Oris that I have wanted forever - the one shown below - and I liked it better. Just more detail and "style" to me then the big one. Sure the big one was cool, but $1200 MORE cool?? I did not think so.

I like this one the best to date - It was even BETTER in person then in pictures.
Oris Watches TT1 Divers Small Second, Date 64376098454MB

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

I went and tried it on also and to be 100% honest, even though it is a big 51mm and cool - I also tried on the Oris that I have wanted forever - the one shown below - and I liked it better. Just more detail and "style" to me then the big one. Sure the big one was cool, but $1200 MORE cool?? I did not think so.

I like this one the best to date - It was even BETTER in person then in pictures.

You cant go wrong with that Oris either...Great company and great prices..But I will not pay retail for that oris pd if I decide to buy it..

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

me either. I have seen the one I like for WAY WAY lower many places new, and even lower through private sellers.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Great looking piece Mustang....take care of it!

Jack and James great time meeting you guys too today at the GGT. We need to do it again soon.

Jack get the Panny.

TVDinner wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Great looking piece Mustang....take care of it!

Jack and James great time meeting you guys too today at the GGT. We need to do it again soon.

Jack get the Panny.

TVDinner wrote:
Jackprime1 wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

Mike it was a pleasure meeting you today brutha...had a great time and laughs....Yeah that panny is singing to me...I will let you know what I decide on getting...

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Congrats on your new timepiece! Do you have the specs for this watch?

Thanks!

ENJOY!

MustangDreamer wrote:
Well I couldn't pass this one up and I don't have any with roman numerals. It is still wrapped and unsized. I will have to take care of that later tonight!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Congrats on your new timepiece! Do you have the specs for this watch?

Thanks!

ENJOY!

MustangDreamer wrote:
Thanks... I will get the real specs for it but just off the top of my head the case was 41-42mm?(I think) and Swiss quartz movement.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

MustangDreamer wrote:
For better pics:

Use the Macro setting.

No flash, use a halogen desk lamp.

Get a cheap tri-pod.

Set your shot up and use the timer (if you have one) to get a nice clear picture.

You don't need an expensive rig to get decent shots.

I use a cheap ($100) Pentax.

I mean they're not "professional" quality, but good enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts