Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just took a look through the shops website, something I rarely do, and its no wonder why most of the stuff does not interest me and I look at other brands these days....

What the hell is with all the rubber......most of Invictas new stuff has rubber either all through it , or on in it in some fashion or other.....and so does Stuhrling and many others, and I know it is not limited to Tv brands either, as i see alot of high end companies doing to rubber thing as well......

Im not saying I dont like rubber, I like a rubber strap on alot of dive watches, but I also love the ones where you can switch it out to a bracelet as well......

some of these new offerings just kill me with how much rubber is integrated into a watch.....I guess thats the trend these days.........andI guess im not going with this trend......

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

.I guess thats the trend these days.........andI guess im not going with this trend......

Looks like you answered your own question butternuts. :)

I don't mind the rubber, but it depends on the quality and design.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i agree - i think the SAN Kit's & the Renato Kit's are really good idea's as you have a bracelet option and Rubber and Leather

way too many watches on Rubber and i for one think alot of the rubber watches would look great or be great to have a laether and/or bracelet option

good topic Don!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
.I guess thats the trend these days.........andI guess im not going with this trend......

Looks like you answered your own question butternuts. :)

I don't mind the rubber, but it depends on the quality and design.
Dont get me wrong there watch thief.......I like rubber straps and **** on watches, but my point is , the majority of the new offerings from select companies, everything is rubber straps or rubber on the bezlel, the dial, the bracelet etc.......its like they bought out the trojan company , and instead of having safe sex, decided to build watches with them instead.........thats all.......

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Well the good thing is this, IDGAF!:%

tattoo chef wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Oh TK butternuts will be another future classic!!!:%
Remember Ron.........Tuna is the only guy I let get away with the insults........you my friend are a different story.........:lol

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Well the good thing is this, IDGAF!:%

tattoo chef wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Oh TK butternuts will be another future classic!!!:%
Remember Ron.........Tuna is the only guy I let get away with the insults........you my friend are a different story.........:lol
IDGAF...............IM DOING GREAT AT FOOTBALL? NOW, WHY WOULD ANYONE CARE ABOUT THAT?:eek:

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I'm not a fan of rubber straps at all, so for me, there's ALWAYS too much rubber!:lol

However, the only SAIII that I have left is on a rubber strap. It's the only way I can wear something this large, comfortably. It was an impulse buy, and probably won't happene again . . . I promise! :t

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think it is a combination of things
1) just a current trend as you mentioned
2) trying to appeal to a wider customer base by using rubber to accomplish 2 things - a) makes the watch lighter overall and b) makes the watch less money then having a full metal bracelet.
3) finally and I am just guessing on this, but I imagine using rubber is less actual cost for the watch companies then metal, which gives them a larger margin to make money per unit sold.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I'm not a fan of rubber at all, if I wanted a rubber strap I would have kept my swatch watches from back in the 80's. Leather or braceltes for me.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

If theres the option of bracelet or rubber, its always less expensive to buy the watch on bracelet than to try and get the bracelet later.Thats usually an eye opener for the price difference.for watches with standard lughorns that accept straps, like on a omega, you always have options for straps.integrated is a whole different game.

the sas and san won't be made forever.When production stops, so will parts like straps and bracelets.Since these are integrated, you don't have any options.rubber straps wear out.when its a integrated rubber strap, you now have a paperweight that tells time.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I own a few on rubber and as mentioned they do serve a purpose however I'm a SS or leather fan. I do agree that it has become a way to cut back costs and produce more money for the watch companies. I think it is also a fashion statement for the time being.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.