Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a Tommy Bahama Big Island Diver chrono for fathers day. When I got to wear it for a second time the chrono did not work. Sent it to their repair center, Precision Time, was charged $40 and when it came back it still did not work. Called TB they got me in touch with a local dealer who exchanged the watch. Now I'm out $40, so if you purchase any watch from the Geneva Group this is their repair center. I refused to deal with them a second time, and TB came to the rescue. Just a warning to all. This was a fathers day gift from my kids so it is special to me. Sorry for the long post, again just letting all know Precision time sucks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did you question Precision Time as to why you were charged for a repair that was not completed? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,601 Posts
No need to apologize rokwldr. :) It's great that you are giving a heads up about this, and telling people your story. ..Even better that Tommy Bahama came through for you, and you can enjoy your Father's Day gift again. Awesome !!! :smileyface_hand_claThanks a lot for the story, and info here !

Glad you're back to enjoying this rokwldr !

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I questioned PT and the supervisor was going to call me back, still waiting 24 hours later. Yes, next step to the card.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At last when I threatened to go to the card co, they are in the process of a refund. I post when it happens. Still I would never use them again.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, I was told that TB was not at horizon to replace my watch. So now I'm waiting for Precision Time to check with Geneva as to a refund. Sounds like blowing smoke to me. So just remember this about PT. Time to call BBB.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finaly, after a lot of bs:smile-thumb2: got a call from a supervisor at Precision Time and they are going to refund me. She said it was OK after she spoke to The Geneva Watch Group, who owns Tommy Bahama. I am happy, but will not use PT again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I was at TJ Maxx yesterday and the ONLY watch they had that I got at all excited over was a Tommy Bahama Weekender Chronograph. I decided to pass on it but have been thinking about going back for it. Now I won't. Thanks for helping me make the decision. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tommy Bahama has some nice watches and , from my experience , are well put together.

Precision Time is another story. I wouldn't trust those guys to work on a happy meal watch. Very poorly trained and basically clueless.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a total refund from PT, and the watch ifs fine and works like it should. TB watches are nice, but the repair/warranty company sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts