Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun we should start a daily fugly watch thread.

Here is today's fugly watch

Invicta S1 Rally, model number 19614

You have to wonder, what was the watchmaker thinking?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,890 Posts
Most the watches shown on this thread look like the should be worn by some creature with 6 arms and antennae coming out their heads.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Some of these are definitely ugly and atrocious to the eyes, but that MB&F may just need a little getting used to. Who knows, in ten years' time, that might be the very definition of what people would consider as beautiful.

·
6,409 Posts
Some of these are definitely ugly and atrocious to the eyes, but that MB&F may just need a little getting used to. Who knows, in ten years' time, that might be the very definition of what people would consider as beautiful.
I think the MB&F's watches aren't created for aesthetics in the every day sense of the word but are more about the technology behind them. Aimed at well-heeled collectors. Very low production numbers. There are more watch companies that are following this route now, for them it's perhaps a way to show their horological prowess outside the box. I applaud this but personally I would rather go to a super complication made by one of the 'Big Guns'. A somewhat more wearable and practical watch. This will happen a soon as pink elephants start to take to the sky in overwhelming numbers! :D :D :D

Reactions: Waikato7

·
6,409 Posts

The fugly part is the guy, not the Citizen he's wearing :D :D

Reactions: #four

·
6,409 Posts
Reactions: #four
1 - 20 of 131 Posts