Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be leaving for Antwerp tomorrow, a short city trip to to relax and shop. 3 days in a first class hotel and we've booked a restaurant in advance for Friday evening. The weather promises to be fine so I'll do a lot of beer tasting :D

After we return I'll order this:

A display case for 24 (wide) watch bands. I've accumulated 20 and there are 10 more on my rotation. I'll show you the result next week! Cheers all!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Safe travels and enjoy the trip!

Plenty of sightseeing to do while there.... the Central Station, Museum Plantin-Moretus, etc.

Reactions: GoodWatch

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Safe travels and enjoy the trip!

Plenty of sightseeing to do while there.... the Central Station, Museum Plantin-Moretus, etc.

I know, this must be the 18th time we go there :D To my dismay there's a very serious bomb thread at Antwerp Central Station right now and all rail traffic has been suspended :( We have train tickets because going by car is a disaster and the parking rates are insane. Dang! :mad:

Edit: it was a false alarm, some joker phoned in with a thread but after a thorough sweep nothing was found. I hope he or she burns in hell :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A photo impression:

Two ghosts on a roof:

A 'bolleke":

Belgian chocolates:

City Hall:

View from our hotel (Central Station):

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rubens House:

Shopping street (look at the building!):

Many restaurants:

Cathedral:

Rubens:

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a Gorgeous City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sure is! We go there 2-3 times a year. We had a great, great time and the weather was more than fine. I bought a kilo of hand made chocolates at my favourite place, Elisa :D. We are planning to go to Gent next time, it's an equally nice and historical city.

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
490 Posts
What a Gorgeous City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true. GoodWatch, if I remember correctly, the hotel across that plaza from the station is the Radisson, right?

·
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very true. GoodWatch, if I remember correctly, the hotel across that plaza from the station is the Radisson, right?
Yes, Radisson Blu Astrid, we were on the eight floor, this photo was taken out of the breakfast room on the second floor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.