1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Main Site - http://www.tissot.ch/

Watch collections - http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collections

T Sport collection - http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collections/action_getfamilies/colid_0002

TISSOT S.A.
Chemin des Tourelles, 17
P.O. BOX 399
2400 Le Locle
+41 32 933 31 11

------------

So I had lunch today with a friend and they had on their brand new Tissot watch. It was this model -

WATCH DETAIL
S
WATCH MOVEMENT
QUARTZ (TACTILE)
WATCH CASE MATERIAL

CASE SIZE
12h-6h: 41.5mm 9h-3h: 42.0mm

CASE THICKNESS
12 mm

DIAL(FACE) COLOR

BRACELET
Rubber strap

WATCH CLASP
Titanium safety clasp

WATCH CRYSTAL
TACTILE SAPPHIRE

WATER RESISTANCE
30 meters

ADDITIONAL WATCH FEATURES:
For each function there are different movements of the hands (see: Meteo and Compass function) and various settings on the LCD display (see: Alarm, Thermo, Chrono, Meteo and Altimeter functions).

While the watch was a little small for my taste, it was undeniably COOL and the features were unlike any I had seen before.

So it got me interested and I checked out the Tissot website tonight at http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_homepage - it is a VERY cool website and there are some incredible watches.

I would love to hear more about these watches and see any if anyone has some.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

From 1853 to the present day, Tissot has continually surprised and delighted customers with its product innovation. A relentless pioneering spirit led the company from its foundation in the small Swiss Jura town of Le Locle, to a presence in 150 countries. From its first pocket watch with two time-zones in 1853 to its revolutionary touch-screen technology T-Touch watch, Tissot has presented a series of "firsts" in terms of technology, materials and design – even to the extent of creating watches made of rock, wood and pearl.

From day one, Tissot was also dedicated to taking its innovations to destinations well beyond the Swiss borders. In 1858, the founder's son, Charles-Emile Tissot, left Le Locle for Russia and successfully sold Tissot savonnette pocket watches across this huge and influential empire. International expansion went from strength to strength and Tissot is today the leading producer of the traditional Swiss watch industry in number of units. Being sold by 16,000 Points of Sale across five continents, Tissot products offer a wide selection of watches to suit diverse functional needs and tastes.

Over the years many key figures have owned Tissot watches, including actress Sarah Bernhardt, singer Carmen Miranda, Elvis Presley, Grace Kelly and Nelson Mandela.

The proud Tissot Ambassadors of today are:
Danica Patrick, IndyCar® driver and first lady ever to win an IndyCar race,
Deepika Padukone, Actress and Model
Margherita Granbassi, 2006 Fencing World Champion
Barbie Xu, Actress and Singer
Michael Owen, International football player,
Nicky Hayden, 2006 MotoGP World Champion,
Tom Lüthi, 2005 MotoGP 125cc World Champion,
Steven Stamkos, 2008 NHL Draft 1st Overall Pick

this is a very neat page - http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_communication/chapter_history/page_history_timeline

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Tissot makes a great watch! I would really like the SeaStar diver but they are very hard to find!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
Yeah but that's the quartz version and it's the 660 model. I like the all stainless SeaStar 1000 in the auto with the ETA 2824 engine.
ahh you mean this one - very nice!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Was at Reeds today and spoke to the manager about these 2 models. Pretty nice, but a little to small for my personal tastes. Tissot makes nice watches

Tissot T-Race Chronograph Valjoux -
Faithful to the spirit of motorcycle racing, the new T-Race captures the essence of the sport with its sleek lines and noble Valjoux chronograph movement. The driver can choose between a two-tone steel and black PVD bracelet or a black rubber strap

Movement Automatic, 7750 ETA Valjoux, 25 rubies
46-hour power reserve
Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph, date, day, tachometer
Case Steel
Two-tone steel and black PVD bezel
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
Transparent back
Case diameter: 43 millimeters
Case Thickness: 18 millimeters
Water-resistant to 100 m
Dial Black or silvered, luminescent Arabic numerals and hands
Date and day at 3 o'clock, 3 counters
Bracelet/Strap Steel and black PVD bracelet or black rubber strap, push-button clasp

Tissot Prs 516 Chronograph Valjoux -

A truly legendary timekeeper, the PRS 516 had already made its mark in the 1960’s, both on and off the racetracks, before winning a prestigious award for an advertising campaign featuring the product on a rally driver’s gloved wrist. Today’s PRS 516 features a Valjoux automatic chronograph and pays tribute to Tissot’s passion for the sport of motor racing. While fans will appreciate the touch of nostalgia in its retro-modern design, they can also have the satisfaction of knowing that their watch houses the most cutting-edge innovations in the field of watchmaking.

Movement Automatic, ETA Valjoux 7750
Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, day, date, chronograph and tachometer
Case 316L stainless steel, 45 mm
Fixed bezel with tachometer
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and transparent back
Water-resistant to 100 m
Dial Silvered or black
Hour, minute and seconds counters at 6, 12 and 9 o’clock respectively
Day and date windows at 3 o’clock
Bracelet/Strap Leather or 316L stainless steel with holes
Other versions Automatic with three hands; quartz with 42 mm case

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I like Tissot and have owned a few. My favorite is the Seastar 1000.

Before deciding on the Hamilton Sunset that I recently got, I considered getting the PRC200 Chrono . . .

Watch Information:

Crystal Material: Sapphire
Clasp: Deployment Clasp
Case Diameter: 44 millimeters
Case Thickness: 14 millimeters
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Band Material: Stainless Steel Bracelet
Bezel Material: Fixed Stainless Steel
Dial Color: Black
Movement: Automatic
Water Resistance Depth: 200 meters

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

If ever I can find a good deal on a Tissot Quadratto Auto, I'm on it. The quartz ones are nice, got to try one on. But this is what I'd like. It has the anthracite dial and stainless bracelet.

Sweet.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Tissot makes some nice watches. I have seen the Danica Patrick limited editions but that is only for the gals. The T-Touch watches are impressive with the info they provide but I especially like that T-Race with the Valjoux movement. That looks impressive!

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

TISSOT COUTURIER (AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH VALJOUX 7750)T035.614.16.051.01
SIZE 43mm
CASE MATERIAL STAINLESS STEEL
WATER RESISTANCE 10 BAR (100 M)
GLASS MATERIAL SAPPH. CRYSTAL+NON-REFLEC COAT
DIAL COLOR BLACK
DIAL TYPE INDEX
BRACELET MATERIAL LEATHER
BRACELET COLOR BLACK
MOVEMENT CALIBER 7750
MOVEMENT TYPE MECHANICAL AUTO. CHRONOGRAPH

01.html

this is one sweet Tissot :c interestingly enough- the Tissot website has the best price on it :eek:
http://www.shoptissot.com/product/T0356271605101.html

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I saw a bunch of the 7750 Tissot models at Reeds Jewlers, who is an AD in our area. Pretty nice. Kind of small and wear smaller IMO.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I like Tissot's designs,even though they are on the smaller side for watrches these days.

I do own one - the T-RACE NASCAR EDITION

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
If ever I can find a good deal on a Tissot Quadratto Auto, I'm on it. The quartz ones are nice, got to try one on. But this is what I'd like. It has the anthracite dial and stainless bracelet.

Sweet.
I got 60% off on a Tissot Quadrato Valjoux 7750 with leather band. I have 6 other quartz Tissot's. They want $150 for a Bracelet for my Quadrato, so I bought a used Quadrato on ebay that was minty with a G10 for the Bracelet and to add to the collection. I have not bought a T-touch yet;;don't really appeal to me; so much like an Iphone...lol

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

PVD Trekker Titanium...awesome watch!

Just for the record, this watch is by no means small by today's standards. If you look in the market, most watches are 38mm to 44mm, so this one is right in the middle. It looks great on the wrist and does not attract any unwanted attention.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts