Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Long Time Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tissot did well on this one,. Simple in design. easy on the eye.
Depending on the light source , the dial takes on a cream to pure white color.

Close up of the texture on the dial , I believe that softens up the dial and keeps inside reflections down.

Very clear sapphire domed crystal,, viewing at even extreme angles .

Great dress and sport casual watch.
Well done TISSOT.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congrats! A long standing classic piece that Tissot does well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, boy. I like. Always flip-flop on Tissot but this I like. Heck, I like a lot of Tissot. I lied.

·
Super Moderator
14,608 Posts
You are so right 1stiski ! Tissot did a phenomenal job on this one here ! :smileyface_hand_cla Like you said it's simple, but there's a real personality to this one. Almost has an old hot rod feel to it with the lines, edges, and even the way they wrote Tissot on the dial ! Really is neat !!! Even the dial has this chameleon-like, half metallic paint, half bead blasted quality. ..Fantastic ! Giant congratulations !!! ENJOY sir ! :)

·
1,131 Posts
Yes, very nice with a cool dome sapphire crystal too. Only two things would improve that in my opinion, longer hands and a nice bracelet.

I had one of those and ended up selling it without even wearing it because of these two points. Otherwise it looks awesome.

·
Long Time Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wearing it is a pleasure, the 40mm size precludes much bumping I normally get with my 45+ sized watches. I really like that your wrist provides shelter against damage. The look truly is clean and classic. I have to do some research on the movement, but I'm told it has a 50 hour reserve. ONE nagging question is that press fit back.. I see no leverage area for opening. Does TISSOT have some special tool to undue that back? Just wondering for future knowledge.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Very very nice. Tissot "The watch the Swiss buy"- according to my Swiss WIS friend across the street. His grandfather worked for Patek so he should know, right?
I'm saving pennies for one myself right now.
Wear it well!
Cheers
Derek

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've said this before...probably the BEST dress watch you can buy under $500, incl heritage/prestige and a timeless design. Seiko Sarb would be a close second.

I've owned the gold tone for quite a while...only sold it as I had other dress divers that I started wearing for dress occasions.

Enjoy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts