Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Hello. Here is one of the Seastars I got from the estate sales agent. This one does not have any box or papers. It is in very fine cosmetic shape. Like all of the other watches I got in this sale, it doesn’t appear to have too much wrist time if any. The pics show this.
Now! Upon winding this one manually, I felt a distinct catch on each rotation of the stem. Everytime it comes around the resistance increases and then the catch, and then it turns easily. Needless to say I did not wind it much after that. I dont know what is going on inside. An horologist I know in a town about an hour away said that if a gear or gears are bent, or if in the manufacturing process something is not within tolerance or spec, something like this can happen.
I wanted to open the watch and check it out but I (1.) dont have a way to do so and (2.) would not what to look for if I could open it and (3.) would not know what to do about it if I could find the problem.
The watch works when powered up via the auto wind in my winder or by wearing it around. I cant feel this problem when I pull the stem out to set the time.
I took it to a watchmaker here in town and there was a $200 dollar minimum for anything above cleaning. I thought that was steep so I did not leave it. I was thinking you could find the ETA movement for it for that much.
Anyway I am asking 200 bucks for it as it. Trades considered.
Shipped CONUS

Attachments

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
This is a great watch and deserves to be fully serviced. I have the blue dial version of the same and will never sell it. $200 is about average for a Swiss Automatic but it should also include polishing the case and bracelet... You would essentially have a brand new watch if done correctly. You could not find a new watch anywhere near as nice as that one for $200. It's really $1000 watch for much less IMO. :rolleyes:

Reactions: okcmco
1 - 4 of 4 Posts