Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my favorite work watch, had since 2007 but just today tried to give it couple winds after resetting the time and it's not grabbing, kinda skipping and the rotor when it does catch spins around violently! Anyways where can I send it to get fixed without spending more than it's worth? It's running right now keeping good time.

Attachments

·
Banned
754 Posts
I've sent a bunch of people to my watch doctor, Rick Hoover from Current Time Watch Works in Facebook.
He can work on any watch from a Timex to a Miyota 9015 or a 7750, as well as a Rolex and Omega.

He did an engine swap for me last year and a crown replacement. Recently he fixed my 9015 that wasn't having the power reserve it should and is currently doing an engine replacement and bezel insert swap on my bronze Tuna.

He keeps great communication, great turn around and solid reputation.

Here's the link to his CTWW page:

https://m.facebook.com/CurrentTimeWatchWorks/?tsid=0.33932156627997756&source=typeahead

Tell him Luis sent you.

Reactions: Myke

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I've sent a bunch of people to my watch doctor, Rick Hoover from Current Time Watch Works in Facebook.
He can work on any watch from a Timex to a Miyota 9015 or a 7750, as well as a Rolex and Omega.

He did an engine swap for me last year and a crown replacement. Recently he fixed my 9015 that wasn't having the power reserve it should and is currently doing an engine replacement and bezel insert swap on my bronze Tuna.

He keeps great communication, great turn around and solid reputation.

Here's the link to his CTWW page:

https://m.facebook.com/CurrentTimeWatchWorks/?tsid=0.33932156627997756&source=typeahead

Tell him Luis sent you.

I'll vouch for Rick, too.

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've heard great things about International Watch Works here in Cary NC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seems to me something in he keyless works is screwed up. Could be something as simple as screwing the crown stem screw down, as they can back out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all very much. I think the repair will equal it's value, however being my first automatic it's sentimental value is priceless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Watchrepairusa sends me a pricing quote after I mailed out there two weeks ago. The stem (I figured) needed to be replaced and movement oiled...300.00? I said no thanks, sending it for complete overhaul costing 175.00 gotta "watch" where you send your watches.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Watchrepairusa sends me a pricing quote after I mailed out there two weeks ago. The stem (I figured) needed to be replaced and movement oiled...300.00? I said no thanks, sending it for complete overhaul costing 175.00 gotta "watch" where you send your watches.

That's some crazy numbers. I paid $50 to Rick Hoover to fix the engine and swap the bezel insert including shipping back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts