Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tisell Marine Dive watch.

40mm case width, 12mm height, 49mm lug to lug.

Sapphire Crystal with date window cyclops (2x) AR coated on inside, ceramic engraved bezel, signed crown

Movement a Miyota 9015 28,000 BPH

20mm tapered bracelet with solid screwed in links, and divers extension.

1st impressions? WOW! Solid watch in every way has a maxi case which wears larger then my Rolex 16610, nice presence. Bracelet is nicer then my Rolex and beats out everything I have owned save the Eterna Date which has a milled clasp

Looked at the watch through my 5X loupe and could find absolutely NO imperfections at all, pristine, the ceramic bezel is indeed engraved and looks super. I recently looked a ceramic sub at a store in Scottsdale and this watch , while not quite as refined in finishing, is real close, of course the clasp isn’t as nice, but this watch costs less then $200 and the Rolex is $7,500.

Only disappointment is the bracelet has no micro adjustments and, (for me) needs another link, as it is too tight and I can only comfortable wear it with the divers extension pulled out.

Screw down crown takes several turns to open, and it doesn’t pop out like an ETA or Seiko movement does. It hand winds like a breeze and is easily set.

Now time will tell if the Miyota 9015 keeps good time, but every other Miyota 90XX that I have owned had better then COSC time keeping.

This watch impresses the hell out of me, and as much as I love my newly acquired Seiko SKX173, this watch blows it out of the water in almost every respect, except reputation., and of course the “Homage” stigma it may have.

If you like the looks of a Ceramic Rolex sub, yet can’t afford one, or even afford a Squale or Steinhart homage of it, may I suggest this watch, I cannot think of the Squale or Steinhart have a much better build, or being of a better bang for your buck.

·
Registered
375 Posts
DANG! I just found out about Tissel. This watch is very sweet. It certainly punches above it’s weight!!! I guess I will be ordering pone soon..

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had it almost 20 hours now and it's dead on to the exact second, these Miyota 9015 movements really are accurate right out of the box!

Reactions: nine

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Chaz:
Have the producers of this watch found a solution to the 9015's noisy counterweight?
The Deep Blue with 9015 i have sounds like it's grinding rock when weight is spinning.
Only constructive comment I have is that the 9015 is more accurate than Miyot's 8215.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Chaz:
Have the producers of this watch found a solution to the 9015's noisy counterweight?
The Deep Blue with 9015 i have sounds like it's grinding rock when weight is spinning.
Only constructive comment I have is that the 9015 is more accurate than Miyot's 8215.

Lou Snutt
-agree MIYOTA 9015 audible-

however; i have none that bump 2 the grind-

would like to hear from others-

i would not expect any solution from TISSELL S. KOREA...the MIYOTA BLANKS SHIP IN & GET ASSEMBLED ( probably not regulated)

maybe the 1 that grinds has a problem with micro tolerances-

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great!

I should be getting my tisell pilot on Monday.
Chaz:

Lou Snutt

The movement does make some noise, but nowhere near as loud as my Orient Ray which sounds like a bag of loose bolts rattling around.

Overnight the accuracy is dead on +-0.

The only fault I can find with this watch is the lume, which is medicore at best.

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Looks nice!

Do they have extra links that they can send you?
I emailed them and they are sending me an extra link and screw for $8 shipping cost.

They are very responsive to emails I have sent them regarding this watch, their customer service seems AOK as for now.

I ordered the watch on 12/24/2015 and I received it 1/2/2016, it took less time for the delivery then my Steinhart did, and there was no added FedEx charges nor customs fees.

The watch cost me $195. total, delivered.

Update, Tisell just sent me an email that my extra link is on the way, they even included a photo of the shipping package, WOW??

Reactions: Weezy

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Kermit vs SKX173

Put the Tisell under the scrutiny of the loupe again today in an in depth inspection. The wording on the dial is impeccable and surprisingly the lettering is cleanly raised. almost appearing to be applied. Lume application on the markers is immaculate and the bezel markers are clean and the filled in markings on the engraving is clean, crisp, with no traces of sloppy application.

Outside of the mediocre lume, I can find absolutely nothing lacking on this watch, and for the price point is has to be one of the best bargains out there. If this watch was Swiss made it could command a price three times what the $195 delivered price is. It is a solid, quality wrist watch, and not a cheap, slapped together homage like my Invicta Pro Diver was. The fit and finish on this watch is right up there with my Steinhart Ocean One Premium Blue, or maybe even just a little better. This watch is the real deal.

After almost 48 hrs. now, the watch is still amazingly running +-0 seconds, dead on.

Reactions: Weezy

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kermit vs the Smurf.

In comparison I would put the build quality of these two watches on par, with a slight edge to Tisell for the finishing and ceramic insert on the bezel. Of course the Soprod A10 movement puts the Steinhart in the winner circle in this cage match.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Very wow. :) I like it. a lot.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I like this watch a lot too. Like its a great green bezel watch for the collection. Has a nice band too.

This brand tissel, has it been around for a while or are they fairly new?

Well quality doesn't seem to be an issue. For $195 I think I will snag one just as soon as my Steinhart has to go in for service.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just having a sapphire crystal and Miyota 9015 movement makes one wonder how they do it...

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I will snag one just as soon as my Steinhart has to go in for service.
That maybe 8 years from now, and the Tisell will be going for $900 by then! LOL.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That maybe 8 years from now, and the Tisell will be going for $900 by then! LOL.
Steinhart is going in once they reply to me haha. So it could be a lot sooner. Hopefully this watch doesn't need service or warranty claim in under 9 months.

Or maybe I should just stay away from this watch. Even though it looks good. An issue in 5 months would be brutal.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steinhart is going in once they reply to me haha. So it could be a lot sooner. Hopefully this watch doesn't need service or warranty claim in under 9 months.

Or maybe I should just stay away from this watch. Even though it looks good. An issue in 5 months would be brutal.
You having problems with the Premium One?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You having problems with the Premium One?

Sadly... Yes. Does in my sleep even after I wind it. I thought I was going crazy on why my watch was 8 hours off. Last night I wound it prior to going to bed. Went to bed at 10. Watch was stopped at 10:10 haha.

Yeah I go to sleep at 10

1 - 20 of 66 Posts