Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a watch that is different from anything else in my collection. Most of my watches are Custom Seiko watches, divers, field, pilot type. This one is actually a homage of a obvious famous model. I did not get it because of that however, I was mostly interested because I read so many great things about it and because it looked right.

When I first saw this model, a few months back, I liked it immediately. The proportions of the case, crown, bezel, bracelet, dial, hands were perfect for me. The design and size of the various parts compared to one another seemed to also be in harmony as well with the overall look. When I read about this brand and this model, the few threads showed impressive data. Most of the people were happy and impressed with its quality and fit/finish. Luckily I was able to get one later on and I was equally impressed. All that showed in the pictures was there and in addition there was the feel of holding the watch in the hand which gave out a feel of quality. Not only the weight and solidity are great without being heavy, those parts like crown and bezel were smooth, easy and firm indicating good quality. The lume is also very strong and lasts all night, in fact the strongest lume of any other Homage I ever had, close to Sumo/MM300 in fact. The hand ticks smoothly thanks to the Miyota 9015 movement that compared to the usual Seiko one is high beat.

Not that i care much for that but it certainly increases the plus points on this watch. The domed sapphire is another great feature, it is aesthetic and solid, it gives the watch a nice warm feeling somehow.

The bracelet is unfortunately a little short, not sure if it is missing links, as I got this used of course, so when all extended it barely fits on my 8 1/4" wrist. It is tight at times so I hope I can find a link or two. Despite this small inconvenience the bracelet is rally nice and comfortable. It has solid links as well as solid end links and it has a sliding adjustment on the clasp, a feature which alone brings the whole watch to a new higher level. I never had such a thing and this is easy to use and a piece of cake to adjust, making it one of the best adjustable bracelets I ever had.

The watch itself is about 40mm in diameter and I was worried that it would looks a little small on my wrist. It does not, it is in fact about the same size or at least wearing similarly to a SKX diver. Not the largest but maybe due to the shape and looks of the case and the bracelet I can wear it and feel it's right.

All in all I am very happy with this even if it is not a custom watch but an homage of which there are plenty of similar types around. And in that regards I had similar homages in the past, Swiss Made most of them, some of them were Steinhart and some Far East made. I can easily say that the Tisell is overall very similar and in some aspect better then the best of them. Certainly the best of the Far East made ones.

Here are a few point and shoot pictures I took, please excuse any dust or lint:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ive owned a few tisells. Really miss my green GMT sub.
Now I just have the blue sub, but its a great watch. I bought all mine back when you ordered directly from the owner by email.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,663 Posts
Isn't it just the best when something works out?! Or is better than
you even thought it would be Carlo? 😃

These really do seem to be off the charts quality wise. You can see
it in just the stainless steel, and the finishing, and then how one
detail flows into the next flawlessly. It may not be a custom, but it's
still extremely cool ! 😎 Really is impressive. Enjoy sir, and HUGE
congrats 2 U here !!!

You too Medic ! 😄

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much and yes, this brand gets my vote!

I also hope they create their own design so as to expand their options and choices. (y)

·
Super Moderator
9,663 Posts
Thank you very much and yes, this brand gets my vote!

I also hope they create their own design so as to expand their options and choices. (y)
Can totally see why Carlo ! ;)

Like you, they seem to be focused on, and masters of the details. 😀(y)
Thinking they just might add a design of their own down the road
too, at least I hope so like you.

Thank YOU !

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I have owned a couple of these and they are about 90% of what a Rolex is at 1/30th the price!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts