Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
Whoa so cool Jeff ! :eek2: :cool2:

Yeah, you are right. Timex has been on such a roll it's not even funny.
There have been so many great new models in recent years. But now
they are adding more, and more automatics into the fold it seems.
Really is cool, and check these out ! ..So nice ! Love the mesh, but
the version with the strap is beautiful too.

It's my first time ever seeing these. What a find sir !!!

Thanks a lot ! :clap2:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Moving forward in time for sure and remaining true to themselves with decent affordable products

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
What movements are they using?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
A Chinese movement or a movement made in China? I believe this was discussed a while ago when these watches were first introduced. If it keeps the right time and proves reliable it doesn't really matter. 95% of the people who buy these watches don't know enough to care I guess. What I personally find a bit disturbing is the very cheap looking nylon spacer. Not visible from the outside and again, most of the buyers don't care but this is cutting corners the wrong way. Not the Timex way.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A Chinese movement or a movement made in China? I believe this was discussed a while ago when these watches were first introduced. If it keeps the right time and proves reliable it doesn't really matter. 95% of the people who buy these watches don't know enough to care I guess. What I personally find a bit disturbing is the very cheap looking nylon spacer. Not visible from the outside and again, most of the buyers don't care but this is cutting corners the wrong way. Not the Timex way.
Very good points. They are going for maximum profit first. Still, I'm happy they seem to be growing in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Very good points. They are going for maximum profit first. Still, I'm happy they seem to be growing in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

In my youth, Timex was quite the brand in my country. Just a cut above the usual department store offerings. The Marlin is tempting but you can find a vintage (oh, that word...) exemplar on eBay for much less. Being from that era they come with chrome plated cases and that makes it a bit less tempting.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I don't believe that the spacer is an issue, not for me anyway. It's quite rigid and gets the job done

1 - 15 of 15 Posts