Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
No offense i am a member on wus but they have become rather snobbish in my opinion.
Rather? The pretentiousness there is so damn over-the-top that they call anyone a savage for going into a high-end AD wearing anything less than an Armani Suit. I got called every name in the book for going into a Rolex AD wearing jeans, combat boots, and a Punisher t-shirt. In short? WUS can kiss my ass.

Reactions: jason_recliner

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Vostok Guy:
You too? My local hi end AD for Rollie, Omega, and Edox gives you the bums
rush if you aren't dressed to the 9s. They have a "push tha button and if we like
your looks" drill to gain entrance!
Not naming ADs (both of em) out of respect to watches they sell.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Fellow Freeks:
Back n tha day (1961) I was employed by the U S Army at Abilene, Tx
Across tha road was the Timex factory.
You could cross the road and buy a Timex with chump change!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vostok Guy:
You too? My local hi end AD for Rollie, Omega, and Edox gives you the bums
rush if you aren't dressed to the 9s. They have a "push tha button and if we like
your looks" drill to gain entrance!
Not naming ADs (both of em) out of respect to watches they sell.

Lou Snutt
Not just any Timex. A Timex made in the USA.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Fellow Freeks:
I'm north of 78 y o and have been arround the block several times
Also old enuff to remember those John Cameron Swazey Timex Ads.
Attaching a Timex to whattever, sinking in sulfuric acid then saying
"It takes a lickin an keeps on tickn"

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
650 Posts
Fellow Freeks:

Lou Snutt
I just turned 40 a little less than 2 months ago, and I remember a few of those commercials were still being aired when I was a little kid. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Fellow Freeks:

Lou Snutt
Timex one of the least appreciated watches out there. Ive had several and they take a serious beating. Once they are thoroughly trashed you can toss them in a box for keep-sake or toss them in the trash. Cost of ownership is extremely low.

Some of the newer designs are quite interesting.

Yes, I remember those commercials. If we all can remember it after this much time is proof that the marketing team knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Timex one of the least appreciated watches out there. Ive had several and they take a serious beating. Once they are thoroughly trashed you can toss them in a box for keep-sake or toss them in the trash. Cost of ownership is extremely low.

Yes, I remember those commercials. If we all can remember it after this much time is proof that the marketing team knew what they were doing.
AMEN. I've got 4 Timex Ironman Digitals (the oldest one being 22 years old) and they're probably my favorite digitals I own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fellow Freeks:
Back n tha day (1961) I was employed by the U S Army at Abilene, Tx
Across tha road was the Timex factory.
You could cross the road and buy a Timex with chump change!

Lou Snutt
I was working at the Timex factory in Abilene then as a quality control inspector.

·
Registered
2 Posts

There were two Timex factories in Abilene, Tx, one was new production and the other was repair, where you sent your Timex in to get it fixed. All they did was remove the movement from your watch and install a reworked movement. One fellow had sent in his pocket watch several times and it just would not keep working. He worked in a machine shop and he put the watch in a several ton press and sent it back telling Timex if they could fix it they could have it. It was flatter than a pancake. He was sent a new pocket watch right off of the new production line.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I recall correctly the Timex in the OP post was used as a pass around watch at Watchlords and went halfway around the world in a variety of situations and survived quite well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts