Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Marc and I am one of the founders from microbrand TiMe22. We recently launched our first model ¨Robusto¨.

I was born in 1970 which means I grew up the 70’s, a time when technology was rapidly changing and a decade where self-expression and individuality were hallmarks of the time. An era where high-tech futurism and radical experimentation with form were a reaction against the sleek mid-century modernism. The architects had exuberant spirits; they reveled in form, function, and funkiness. and watches had fantastic and futuristic designs that got you noticed.

Our first design, the Robusto, has an awesome retro style and strong aesthetic influences from the decade of our childhood.

The Robusto is made from grade-5 titanium (yep that makes her almost totally scratch-resistant and very light) and uses ETA battery-operated and self-winding movements.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Welcome to WatchFreeks.

Please take the time to read through our rules - http://www.watchfreeks.com/123-forum-rules/2-watch-freeks-forum-rules-read-prior-posting.html Thanks!

About your watch:
- The design is certainly unique.
- The dial seems a bit unbalanced with the logo and the Swiss Movement at 6.
- The lug design will limit aftermarket options, which may put some buyers off that prefer straps.
- The dial diameter seems a bit small as compared to the watch head diameter.
- The second hand needs to be a bit longer, so that it meets the hash marks.
- That Bezel WILL be a scratch magnet, in any metal

·
Super Moderator
10,969 Posts
Unbelievable how nice these are Marc !!! :smileyface_hand_cla :smile: You guys should be so proud of yourselves
with how these turned out. :clapping-hands-abov I mean you have that individuality, and uniqueness you talked about.
But also a retro, along with timeless theme to these ! They really are awesome !!! Very cool of you to
stop in. Thanks a lot for the look, and welcome to WF !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome and your input andrema and AtomicTom! I will read and commit to the rules, if I made an error here it's wasn't intentional and it will not happen again :)

Welcome to WatchFreeks.

- The lug design will limit aftermarket options, which may put some buyers off that prefer straps.
- That Bezel WILL be a scratch magnet, in any metal
We have prepared a 'strap-connector' that will allow for any 24mm strap to connect to the watch (smoothly, We are still working on perfectioning it). Our first priority now is to get the Kickstarter funded, but this is something we want to have available before we Christmas.

At the moment I am wearing one of our design prototypes as my daily watch, it's fully functional with an ETA 2824-2, but made in Japanese class-1 titanium (comparable to grade-2 titanium) and that is fairly scratch sensitive. The bracelet has some scratches, on the bezel however so far so good. We have driven over a grade-5 sample case with a car and that went pretty well :)

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
At the moment I am wearing one of our design prototypes as my daily watch, it's fully functional with an ETA 2824-2, but made in Japanese class-1 titanium (comparable to grade-2 titanium) and that is fairly scratch sensitive. The bracelet has some scratches, on the bezel however so far so good. We have driven over a grade-5 sample case with a car and that went pretty well :)
The issue isn't the metal scratching. It's the oxide layer that gets the marks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone,

We have extended our project till 17th of November and for that needed to start a complete new one.

We are 21 hours in and 93% funded

1 - 9 of 9 Posts