Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Tiger Woods injured in morning car crash

ORLANDO, Fla. - Authorities say Tiger Woods has been injured in a car wreck in Florida, though his condition is unclear.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the PGA star was seriously injured after he hit a fire hydrant and a tree as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, told CNBC in an e-mail that the golfer is "fine."

The Orlando Sentinel reported that the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, meaning the vehicle was moving at a speed under 33 mph.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

Woods, 33, owns a home in the exclusive subdivision of Isleworth near Orlando. Orange County property records indicate his home is valued at $2.4 million.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Ireadin the story,Mr Wood's agent saidhe is fine. Which is great news. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Tiger Woods home is the one on the right. Wesley Snipes house is on the left.

Officials close to accident investigation told the Orlando Sentinel that Tiger Woods received facial lacerations in the accident.Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said.

FHP spokesman Jorge Delahoz said patients' conditions are always classified as "serious" if they are transported to a hospital.

Officials close to accident investigation told the Orlando Sentinel that Woods received facial lacerations. He was treated at Health Central early this morning and released.

A Health Central hospital employee said this afternoon that Woods is not a patient.

There are no other details available about Woods' condition.

Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, told USA Today that Woods was fine following the accident.

FHP said alcohol is not considered a factor in the accident, and it is unknown whether he was wearing a seat belt.

The crash is under investigation, and charges are pending.

The airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph, according to FHP.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

According to his official website, TigerWoods.com, he is in the middle of a two-week break in tournament play. Woods next tournament is Dec. 3-6 at the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I guess Wesley's tax troubles didn't put too much of a hurtin' on him.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
I guess Wesleys' tax troubles didn't put too much of a hurtin' on him.
I thought the same thing. that is a massive mansion, but they say he is super rich!

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Tiger was released and the injuries were not serious. From what they say now...just some lacerations around hte mouth and on his lips. But where in the heck was he going at just before 2:25 am???? Did they need some milk???

But...he had been in Australia and China for a while...maybe he still had some trouble getting use to the time change and was just going to an all night "driving range?" Is there a Pure Platinum near his house...hmmmm???

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

I hope he is OK - BUT - to pull of our your driveway and hit a fire hydrant and a tree and not be drunk - something does sound right right !!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

I think there might be more to this. Did the wife break the window before or after the accident? Did she hit the car causing the accident. Can you say Richard Pryor! Where is he going at that hour? There are rumors of infidelity....

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Considering the rumoured affair that Tigers having. (TMZ)

I think his wife was probably chasing him with the golf club, broke his window, then he crashed.

It's a lot of speculation as far as the affair rumour but, you know a lot of time these things turn out to be true.

There's WAAAAY more to this story than is being revealed right now.

2:00am in the morning.

No alchohol involved.

He was going less then 30mph. Air bags didn't even deploy.

We shall see.

Stay tuned.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Holy crap people have way too much time on there hands. Is it really anyones business what he was doing? Jesus F-ing Christ people get real!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I may be out of school here, but for 2.4 mil, you would think my man can have his OWN driveway! I'm just sayin'.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

One:

Apparently, the only person who can beat Tiger Woods with a golf club is his wife

Two:

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards

Three:

Tiger Woods was injured in a car accident as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday morning. It was Woods' shortest drive since an errant tee shot at the US Open.

Four:

What was Tiger Woods doing out at 2.30 in the morning? He'd gone clubbing

Five:

Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron

Six:

Perhaps Tiger should be using a driver?

Seven:

This is the first time Tiger’s ever failed to drive 300 yards

Eight:

Apparently, Tiger admitted this crash was the closest shave he’s ever had. So Gillette has dropped his contract.

Nine:

Tiger Woods wasn't seriously injured in the crash. He's still below par though

Ten:

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

hahahahaaha - that did not take long for the expected jokes to begin, lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts