Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all, Newbie here,
I have been collecting Invictas for a while now, and recently I purchased two watches at different times, a S1 Racer with the Swiss ISA 8172/220 Quartz movement, and Anniversary Edition Bolt reserve with the same movement, and the third hand on both of them will sometimes stop at the 12:00 position.I always thought I was hitting one of the buttons,so I sat the S1 down and walked away for a few hours and came back and it was at the 12:00 spot again. I am not sure if this is a feature to save power on this movement, but it seems odd that they would do that being that they are not power reserve models, or at least I am not aware of it. Has anyone seen this before? Maybe it is a flaw in the movement? I love them both,and really do not want to send them back!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

what is the third hand on the movement? is it a second hand,.......im not familiar with the watch, but im sure I or someone here could help.............let me go take a look at the watch and get back to ya.........

and hey, WELCOME TO THE FREEK SHOW!! ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I meant the second hand.LOL! I have always called it the third hand as it is the third hand on the watch!:(

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

okay, so is it the actual seconds hand, or the chrono second hand, im not familiar with the movement, but different chronos work differently, some have the third hand as you call it, and they are the seconds hand, and some the seconds counter is one of the subdials.............is your seconds counter the hand or is it the 2 oclock subdial?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

It is the seconds hand not the chrono hand. The Chrono hand is fine, and besides that issue they both keep great time, but I like the way it moves so I keep the seconds hand on! What baffles me is the fact that it always stops at the 12: position when does!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
yeah you know what I gotta do in the morning........maybe I can sleep through it.

tattoo chef wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
It's not the chrono hand is it?
hey, im taking care of this..........GO TO BED!:t
when you get there, just pretend your not feeling good, make it look like you have to go the bathroom, but instead just go back to the car and go the macdonalds or starbucks for like an hour, then go back, and tell them, sorry you missed, and that you really must be sick or something you ate, all the while with your hand on your stomach, like you were in pain.......:lol

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

malbeck wrote:
It is the seconds hand not the chrono hand. The Chrono hand is fine, and besides that issue they both keep great time, but I like the way it moves so I keep the seconds hand on! What baffles me is the fact that it always stops at the 12: position when does!
um, you cant turn the seconds hand on or off..................it has to be the chrono hand, ................the seconds counter on that watch has to be at the 2 oclock position.........take a look at both watches, is the hand at the 2 oclock subdial always moving?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Ok, I must sound like an idiot, but am I thinking the dial at the 2:00 position is the chrono hand? Because thats fine, its the,I guess Chrono hand, the bigger one, that stops at the 12:00 position.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

malbeck wrote:
Ok, I must sound like an idiot, but am I thinking the dial at the 2:00 position is the chrono hand? Because thats fine, its the,I guess Chrono hand, the bigger one, that stops at the 12:00 position.
Yessir, you got it. The larger, full-size hand is your chrono and the seconds is on a subdial so all is well. Enjoy your Bolt!

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

So, if it stops at the 12:00 position sometimes, this is without reset, then thats normal? or is it supposed to go until you stop it manually? I am just trying to figure out if this is a defect or the norm for this movement!

Oh, and I got what you were saying, did not think you were calling me an idiot, my wife does that just fine! LOL!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I can't say for certain, but it's generally inadvisable to run a chrono constantly because of the drain on the battery and the additional wear and tear. There are some chronos that use a subdial for the chrono function and have the big seconds. If you want to see the big hand running all the time, I think that might be a better option for you. I don't think your watch is defective, but I traded mine this week so I can't check it, sorry.

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Actually, this movement stops after two hours if the chrono is running continuously! I like that though, as i sometimes hit the button that starts it and thats going to help a lot! :whatever:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts