Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

As most no by now Carl (The WatchGeek) is a great member; well he's also about as generous a person as I've ever met.
Recently I reached out to Carl, since we're both residence of the great state of Washington. We had a great conversation and learned what a truly small world we live in. He's had a full life and now takes it easy on the beautiful coast with his wonderful (also generous wife) and has a daughter that he is clearly very proud of.
He sent me this amazing PM today that blew me away! I had no idea the talent and skills this man possesses (not to mention equipment).

I used to have a full bench jewelry repair station. I was or am a GIA certificate holder for Diamond, Pearl grading and ISG certificate holder of Watches and Pearls. I have some equipment that might be of interest to you. I have a bracelet Mandel for safe polishing and a jewelry buffing machine with lights and filter to catch the gold or silver dust for recycling. It is just collecting dust and needs a good clean up and I was going to repaint the housing but never got around to it. It is large, I would guess 3 ft wide by 2 ft deep. You see them at any jewelry repair bench on TV or at a local store. Large heavy duty motor with coned shaped ends for fast changing of buff wheel and polish tools. I think I have an extra sonic SS bath cleaner with heat to soak the bracelets in. I use sudsy ammonia for cleaning of any fine jewelry and watch parts. Then a shot of Steam to blast out anything left. If you have room and interested, please let me know. I would like to give them a good home as they deserve. I also have a lot of buffing stones and cotton buffs that fit a standard man derail or Dermal tool. The buffing stones are great for feathering out deep marks in metal.

Long story short; I asked him for a price list and he said it would cost me a lunch with him and his lovely wife!!! He wants the equipment and supplies to go to good use and a good home.....
I was/am still speechless!! I told him that this equipment would only serve to benefit all the members of Freeks and that I would put it good use. Truly a gesture beyond compare......
Because this is for all of us, I ask that everyone take a sec to thank Carl and his wife.
Carl, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.:):c

CJ

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Very cool CJ. Carl you are a great and generous guy and you couldn't be giving this to a better person then CJ. CJ you are very deserving of this great gift. You are very generous with your time and do many things for members on this forum that are never even mentioned. Just another great example of all the generous and caring people on this great watch forum. Now get me a tissue I'm starting to get choked up here. :WW:WW:%:lol:c

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Let's not forget that Carl and his wife also gifted me an incredible Citizen watch. I am still blown away daily by that gift.

Every now and then we encounter individuals who are honestly "good" people to their inner cores. That is how I feel about Carl and Roni.

This is exactly why I started this site. To bring together quality people who enjoyed spending time together online (and offline) with the common shared love of watches.

Amazing thing to do (again!) Carl and Roni!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Carl and Roni

I would like to extend my personal thanks to both of you for providing CJ and WatchFreeks with this most generous gift. It really is something that the entire community with appreciate for years to come. Thank you and God Bless.

Marc

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

WOW that is absolutely amazing, we have such a wonderful, generous and caring bunch here. Congrats CJ. Carl and Roni thank you!!!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Wow!! Just saw this!! Thank you so much Carl & Roni! You gave it to the right guy too!! I'm sure he will use it to benefit all. Your generosity is absolutely "top notch" and will go a long way. Great, great gesture!!!

Now! CJ. I have 200 + watches that need polishing bad. I have already sent them to you in a "funk and wagnell" jar by pony express. Please handle them carefully and I need them back by Monday. Thank you. :%:c:c:%

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Done!

Let me confirm your instructions Arnie:

- Sending me 200+ watches, please keep the nice ones for yourself.
- Feel free to sell the rest to friends and family and be sure to tell them Happy birthday from me (Arnie).
- Once all of this completed resign from WF's and act as though you have never heard of me.

Is this correct?

CJ

arnie11 wrote:
Wow!! Just saw this!! Thank you so much Carl & Roni! You gave it to the right guy too!! I'm sure he will use it to benefit all. Your generosity is absolutely "top notch" and will go a long way. Great, great gesture!!!

Now! CJ. I have 200 + watches that need polishing bad. I have already sent them to you in a "funk and wagnell" jar by pony express. Please handle them carefully and I need them back by Monday. Thank you. :%:c:c:%

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Done!

Let me confirm your instructions Arnie:

- Sending me 200+ watches, please keep the nice ones for yourself.
- Feel free to sell the rest to friends and family and be sure to tell them Happy birthday from me (Arnie).
- Once all of this completed resign from WF's and act as though you have never heard of me.

Is this correct?

CJ

LMAO.......... can't stop! Send help! Call "EMT" immediately and.......................................... STOP THAT MAN!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

Wow that an incredible gift, You really do find some great people in the world, Am i right in saying that these are the same people who gifted james a watch?? Very kind indeed.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Yes Dane, it was Roni that gave James the beautiful watch.
Amazing people.:)

CJ

dane1991 wrote:
Wow that an incredible gift, You really do find some great people in the world, Am i right in saying that these are the same people who gifted james a watch?? Very kind indeed.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

CARL AND RONI THANK YOU FOR THE MAGNIFICENT GESTURE YOU COULDNT HAVE PLACED IT IN BETTER HANDS. NOW CJ I ALSO HAVE A FEW WATCHES AND GEMS THAT NEED POLISHING:%:c:lol

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Send them up, I'll PM my address Pop.

CJ

djpop wrote:
CARL AND RONI THANK YOU FOR THE MAGNIFICENT GESTURE YOU COULDNT HAVE PLACED IT IN BETTER HANDS. NOW CJ I ALSO HAVE A FEW WATCHES AND GEMS THAT NEED POLISHING:%:c:lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

Hats off to Carl !!! Kudos and best thoughts. TVDinner said " This is exactly why I started this site. To bring together quality people who enjoyed spending time together online (and offline) with the common shared love of watches."

I think that we should add a little more " to the common shared love of watches " to include a genuine love of our fellow man. The amount of selflessness, words of kindness, acts of generosity, and the karma that is present in our community is a genuine source of inspiration, hope, and strength and should be and example to others, that there is inherent goodness in people.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

That's a truely remarkable gift.....Totally awesome!!!

CJ...your first job should be to buff the kids finger down in George's Avatar....that kid's too young to be flippin' all of us the bird!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::%

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.