Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well im sad to say (yeh right) the invicta shows are finally done. its been a long eight days and nights of nothing but invicta. the first day or two or maybe three the food and drink was good but i filled up rather quickly after eating the same meals (brand) and after a few days of it it felt like i was being 'force fed'.. i do have 5-6 invictas and am not going to lie, i did buy two more during the long reception but i will not be attending another invicta wedding for at least a year. do any other guests of this wedding feel the same way??

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

No not at all, there was some good stuff being offerend and I look forward to the next round of Invicta show's. All I can say is find something else too do with your time then sitting and watching watch show's. The Website does show what will be coming, yes you might miss a few surprizes but it is what it is!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

there were a few nice watches in all of the shows.

The KEY to these big events in my opinion, REGARDLESS OF THE BRAND BEING FEATURED, is NOT to watch every single show. Check out online what is going to be featured each hour and then only watch when you know there is something coming on you might want. To watch every single show is just unrealistic in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Honestly, I don't watch the shows anymore (except for Tim's shows when I know he'll be on). I rely on the "heads up" posts from other Freeks to discover what's upcoming. That, or just go to ShopNBC.com to find what's upcoming.

Nothing interested me this time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i think you missed my point, variety is the spice of life. kinda like when SWI is airing, they bring many brands to the show and that keeps viewers watching. and yes i have other things i do with my life other than sit and view the watch show! comments like that only reinforce the fact that once you enter public areas of cyber space you can find all walks of 'life'. honestly i took that remark offensive until i gave it a little thought and realized where it came from. i guess that even being reserved in commenting on something, there will always be someone lurking and ready to pounce. Like thats better than watching the t.v.? Personally i would rather take the t.v. sad that some sit and within a flash are all over every area you go..thats one sick puppy in my opinion. i must of took a wrong turn on my journey and ended up in an area that i personally wouldn't enjoy living. so i turned on the gps and got the heck out of there. to the good folks i wish you all the best life has to offer. to the other forms of life i hope you get better soon, or just stay under that rock..

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I try to avoid anything Invicta if I can. The only real Invicta that I try to make sure I catch is when I know they are airing a SAN III of some sort. My Invicta watching and purchasing days are going to be very limited going forward. SAN IIIs and SAN IVs better blow my socks off too to get me to bite. Very tired of Invicta period.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I'm not buying anything right now, especially Invicta. I own enough Invicta for now. When they start coming out with some new variety down the road I may start purchasing them again. I'm just tired of 100 versions of the same watch. This is especially true with the Reserve and SAN III's. Don't get offended "Love My Wristwear" just know that everybody has different opinions. I've been jumped more times then I can count, but I've just come to realize that some are just very passionate about Invicta and they too are only expressing their opinions as you did. I hope you will stay with us.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I now go to nbc and check on whats going to be on.only looked at 5 watches all week bought one the all black sea spider special edition with the red spider on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

Being solidly in a no-buy situation I watched a lot of parts of the shows from a curiosity standpoint. You can miss some especially good buys when they do once-onlys and spotlights so the viewer guide does not tell all.

I am close to reaching the conclusion that there are too many 50+mm watches and too many similar models within many of the series to suit my taste. That is not a bad thing because so few of us always agree on a particular style or feature of a watch. The more models they have the more buyers there will be.

For some reason I dislike the new ISA movement with the semi-circuular day-of-the-week above the 6:00 position. I think it takes up too much dial space. I prefer the Valjoux 7750 day & date side by side at the 3:00 position if there has to be a day and/or date on the dial.

Regardless of your opinion of Invicta as a company you do have to give them credit for their marketing ability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts