Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sorry for the stock Pic...(camera was left at the office). I'll try to get some actual pictures up soon.



Amazon had it for $91 (still does), but honored the 25% off for a short time. I grabbed one last Saturday. It took exactly one week to arrive.

It's my second Russian Diver and first Quinotaur. Pretty good for under $70, huh?

Thanks for looking!

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
imported post

Congrats. The RD looks great. That is a steal for a great watch like that. Wear it well my friend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Great price.  Can't get past the strap not comfortable at all at least for me.
What size are your wrists? mine are around 8", I use the last hole and it seems EXCEPTIONALLY comfortable, but I haven't worn it all day yet. I hear raves about the comfort usually...

David
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

David I'm very envious of you right now. You have picked up some sweet watches. I want that Accutron VX-200 so bad right now. It's killing me. Is there something wrong with me to want it that bad. I think the only way I will get this out of my system is to pull the trigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
David I'm very envious of you right now. You have picked up some sweet watches. I want that Accutron VX-200 so bad right now. It's killing me. Is there something wrong with me to want it that bad. I think the only way I will get this out of my system is to pull the trigger.
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT Can I be more clear?

David
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
David I'm very envious of you right now. You have picked up some sweet watches. I want that Accutron VX-200 so bad right now. It's killing me. Is there something wrong with me to want it that bad. I think the only way I will get this out of my system is to pull the trigger.
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT Can I be more clear?

David
LOL!! I keep putting it in my cart and then I get to checkout and cancel it. Ha Ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,308 Posts
imported post

Folks, I'm curious. On this particular model, is it possible to dump the rubber strap and put a regular strap (ala the original RD) on it. If so a person could get this and turn it into something special for reasonably small investment.



I have a RD but not this model.

Just wondering.



T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Folks, I'm curious. On this particular model, is it possible to dump the rubber strap and put a regular strap (ala the original RD) on it. If so a person could get this and turn it into something special for reasonably small investment.

 

I have a RD but not this model.

Just wondering.

 Lugs are regular, should accept straps, bracelets, you name it...

David

T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,308 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
toecutter wrote:
Folks, I'm curious. On this particular model, is it possible to dump the rubber strap and put a regular strap (ala the original RD) on it. If so a person could get this and turn it into something special for reasonably small investment.



I have a RD but not this model.

Just wondering.

Lugs are regular, should accept straps, bracelets, you name it...

David

T.
Awesome. I'll have to remember that. I know about the short strap issue with these.

I could see this with a nice grey Python strap or something similar from Panatime on it. It would be uber cool.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
imported post

I used the next to the last and just never felt good in it. After I got my SAN III on rubber was I guess when I noticed how different of a feel rubber straps could provide. Huge difference in my opinion. I gave it some time it just didn't work. I think a black leather strap would have been a nice change for the watch. Traded it for a Swiss Legend GMT anyway....no worries now. I did love the looks of the watch though.

argabright wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
Great price. Can't get past the strap not comfortable at all at least for me.
What size are your wrists? mine are around 8", I use the last hole and it seems EXCEPTIONALLY comfortable, but I haven't worn it all day yet. I hear raves about the comfort usually...

David
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,638 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
I used the next to the last and just never felt good in it. After I got my SAN III on rubber was I guess when I noticed how different of a feel rubber straps could provide. Huge difference in my opinion. I gave it some time it just didn't work. I think a black leather strap would have been a nice change for the watch. Traded it for a Swiss Legend GMT anyway....no worries now. I did love the looks of the watch though.

argabright wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
Great price. Can't get past the strap not comfortable at all at least for me.
What size are your wrists? mine are around 8", I use the last hole and it seems EXCEPTIONALLY comfortable, but I haven't worn it all day yet. I hear raves about the comfort usually...

David
I have a 8 1/4" wrist and I have too use the last whole and the watch fits nicely, it isnt a loose as I like too wear them but not uncomfortable at all!

I believe the new RDQ are using a different material now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
imported post

thats crazy.... one of the reasons i try to stay away from Invicta....You pay for watches you want only to find them for a fraction of the price later.....RULE; always wait to buy an invicta til the hype dies, then youll get it for nothin!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
thats crazy.... one of the reasons i try to stay away from Invicta....You pay for watches you want only to find them for a fraction of the price later.....RULE; always wait to buy an invicta til the hype dies, then youll get it for nothin!!
I agree with you 100%. I've seen that this is a pattern with Invicta that will never go away. I will wait a couple of years until the SAN IV comes down to around $800 with the 7750.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top