Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after seeing pictures and reviews from Loosecannon and others, I've had the Tempest Viking on my short list to acquire. This week I was fortunate to get a blue dial superdome crystal Viking direct from Ben at Tempest. What a killer watch - I've been wearing the past couple of days and it is super comfortable. I had a brain fart when I first sized it - I took out 2 links from the 6:00 side and 1 link from the 12:00 side, and it was a tad tight on my 7 3/4" wrist. It was in the last micro-adjustment and I was disappointed thinking I wouldn't get that "perfect fit". I was totally bummed for a minute before I realized - "Duh, this has a racheting clasp!" BAM - problem solved - perfect fit! I am very impressed with the build, fit and finish, and am super happy I went with the superdome crystal and the blue ceramic dial. I definitely recommend the Viking to anyone thinking about picking one up, and have been happy with my interactions with Ben at Tempest with this purchase and with the Commodore. Here's a few quick and dirty pics (sorry for my poor camera skills). Thanks for looking!

-Rob

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Great looking score. Love the bezel on that watch. Congrats!!

Reactions: GOPENNSTATE!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey Rob ...welcome to Team Blue Domed Viking.....One of my favorites

Reactions: GOPENNSTATE!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice! How is the lume on the Viking?

Thanks David - lume is C3 and pretty strong. Hour markers are decent size and have plenty of lume, hands have stong lume, and the sapphire bezel markings have good lume. I haven't charged and fully tested the lume to see how long it lasts or how it compares to say my Deep Blue Depthmaster 3000 II, but it seems to be very good.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The blue dial looks so nice with those nice little orange touches, Rob. Great choice there!
MAD BEN TEMPEST & THUNDERDOME

killer

gr8 sizing clinic...2 left...1 right...panic attack...remember the racketing clasp...doh

nice ti COMMODORE...ScottyB coveting thy neighbor's tool

·
Super Moderator
9,942 Posts
Nice one GOPS ! Really nice !!! :clapping-hands-abov The way this one stands out among all the different dive watches out there is so neat. I mean it's 100% pure diver, but it has this great way of doing it's own thing, while honoring past classics. Which makes it a classic all it's own. So unique, and cool GOPS ! :cool: :) Glad you got to pick one up. Congratulations to you !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts