Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You strap it on your wrist.... and it comes alive!!!

it needs you to sustain its "life" -it feeds off of your energy, its lifeless without you!

you need it to smile, you love the way its seconds hand moves so gracefully across the dial and you glare at it in amazement!!

mutual appreciation grows between you!

it has a zillion tiny parts, jewels,lube, etc w/o which it would not function.... and still it needs something else.... your movement, your activity.

you know you live a sendentary life when your watch stops -eventhough its on your arm!!! LOL

any others care to input their love of the automatic movement

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Wow George, your description is beautiful about the auto movement. I never really thought about it that way.

I guess when I think about it, an auto movement is a beautiful work of art that when it all comes together it really hums!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks - ihave always loved mechanicals - when i was a kid growing up i used to watch my dad work on them -he had a watchmakers desk at home- and it always amazed me -the tiny parts etc and the movements

i never ever thought i would be able to afford an auto or mechanical watch

and although its true - i only have 1 swiss auto -SW200 and the rest are Japanese
i love them all as they are a WONDER to me such tiny little parts!!!

i do have 2 Rolex's he made for me but they cant be worn -too small and too expensive

sheraortho wrote:
Wow George, your description is beautiful about the auto movement. I never really thought about it that way.

I guess when I think about it, an auto movement is a beautiful work of art that when it all comes together it really hums!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
You strap it on your wrist.... and it comes alive!!!

it needs you to sustain its "life" -it feeds off of your energy, its lifeless without you!

you need it to smile, you love the way its seconds hand moves so gracefully across the dial and you glare at it in amazement!!

mutual appreciation grows between you!

it has a zillion tiny parts, jewels,lube, etc w/o which it would not function.... and still it needs something else.... your movement, your activity.

you know you live a sendentary life when your watch stops -eventhough its on your arm!!! LOL

any others care to input their love of the automatic movement
very nicely said George.

I would love to add that many times I think my automatics are "talking" to me. By that I mean the tiny sound you can sometimes hear when the inside parts are moving and winding when your arm moves. Many times I find myself bringing my arm up to my ear when sitting at my desk to hear that little winding noise, you know what I am talking about, that you hear just as the watch gets to your ear level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts