Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Rolex announced (way back) that they would commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Submariner I hoped they would do something special. A replica of the first Sub but with a contemporary movement and made from the latest materials. That they did not as we all know. Other companies through the years followed suit with re-issues, sometimes close to the original.

What re-issue from what brand and model would you like to hit the market? Seiko has brought out their Turtle, Doxa and JENNY are also riding the vintage wave but what do you like to see?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Well, the past few months (along with the upcoming months) brought the Tudor Black Bay Black, the new Seiko Turtle/6309 re-issue, the Bulova Moonwatch, and others.

Seems like a strong trend, and for once one that I won't complain about :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was going to say Omega Seamaster but the reissued a facsimile of this with the 50th anniversary model, #2234.50

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
If they reissued this one, I just might be tempted to cancel my order for the Borealis Esotril.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I'll be the odd man out here and pick a micro brand. I loved the Lumtec 500 meter diver, but it was 18mm thick, had a bezel with way too much play and I believe a NH15 non hacking movement. I always thought it was such an awesome original design from them, and there were talks at one point of redoing it, keeping the same case design but in a slimmer 15-16mm case and with an improved bezel action and 9015 movement. I would still love to see it come to fruition.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453303096.983687.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453303103.948495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be the odd man out here and pick a micro brand. I loved the Lumtec 500 meter diver, but it was 18mm thick, had a bezel with way too much play and I believe a NH15 non hacking movement. I always thought it was such an awesome original design from them, and there were talks at one point of redoing it, keeping the same case design but in a slimmer 15-16mm case and with an improved bezel action and 9015 movement. I would still love to see it come to fruition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a nice twist! The Helson Sharkmaster 600 for me, I missed that watch by an inch before it went out of sale forever.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Bulova Sea King made me a happy camper. It is MUCH more impressive in person than you could ever realize from a picture.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Citizen Orca. Maybe with an additional new dial color (orange?), and a non design specific strap, for more aftermarket options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts