Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Senior Novice
3,749 Posts
Their web page reads like a scam email, teeming with typos, not unlike myself. I couldn't bite.

"this is the Chineese Clone of the ETA 2824...it's > ? It's equal to or better than the Swiss movements?
"you can buy it with the SW200 inside...it's only a Swiss made version of the same caliber"

You should've said "it's only a swiss made version of the counterfit"

Leave it to the grapher to find The superior counterfit.

· Super Moderator
20,948 Posts
Thanks so so much for not only doing this review Wiggles, but for also
showing another brand not all of us may know about !!! 😎🏆 ..I know
that I appreciate and that a lot of others do as well. (y)

Another thing I appreciate is when companies lode homages, that they
change things up a little. Which is what they did here with everything
from the size, to hands, bezel and more. It’s great when you can have
a classic, or even new design but with a twist that sets it apart a little.
While at the same time seeming as timeless, or classic as can be. It’s
pretty terrific from my view over here sir. I mean it’s honestly stunning
if I’m being honest. Which as you know, I always try to be. It’s a watch
people will think is thousands of $, not hundreds and that’s cool.

On top of that, I really don’t see or can’t find negatives with this Diver.
It does everything you or we might watch a watch to do and it once
again does without putting too much of a hurting on the wallet. 🙂

· Watch Freek
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their web page reads like a scam email, teeming with typos, not unlike myself. I couldn't bite.

"this is the Chineese Clone of the ETA 2824...it's > ? It's equal to or better than the Swiss movements?
"you can buy it with the SW200 inside...it's only a Swiss made version of the same caliber"

You should've said "it's only a swiss made version of the counterfit"

Leave it to the grapher to find The superior counterfit.
You are wrong. The ETA 2824 has no license, so any company can produce it. How can it therefore be counterfeit? It performs in all positions very well on a timegrapher. I have owned several watches with this movement, and performs as well as ETA 2825, Sellta SW200, and the STP 1.11. As you probably know, there are numerous clones of the ETA 2824, is it all of them you have an issue with, or just this one?

· Watch Freek
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so so much for not only doing this review Wiggles, but for also
showing another brand not all of us may know about !!! 😎🏆 ..I know
that I appreciate and that a lot of others do as well. (y)

Another thing I appreciate is when companies lode homages, that they
change things up a little. Which is what they did here with everything
from the size, to hands, bezel and more. It’s great when you can have
a classic, or even new design but with a twist that sets it apart a little.
While at the same time seeming as timeless, or classic as can be. It’s
pretty terrific from my view over here sir. I mean it’s honestly stunning
if I’m being honest. Which as you know, I always try to be. It’s a watch
people will think is thousands of $, not hundreds and that’s cool.

On top of that, I really don’t see or can’t find negatives with this Diver.
It does everything you or we might watch a watch to do and it once
again does without putting too much of a hurting on the wallet. 🙂
Thanks Tom. There are some watch snobs who will dismiss because it is a Chinese brand, but like I said in the review, there are many watches branded as being U.S, Singapore, or European, that are in actual fact made in China. Even the Swiss watch industry use many Chinese parts. Apart from the fact Chinese parts are cheaper, they also have the technology and tooling to produce very high quality parts. Some enthusiasts won't like hearing it, but the brushing on the Proxima is as good as my Tudor BB36

Mostly mechanical, especially skeletons
66 Posts
This looks like a beautiful and strong watch for someone who doesn't want to spend 4 times as much for something similar made by a more reputable brand.
Despite being the bane of my new found career, higher end Chinese brands are coming up with some nice looking watches, solid, crisp and flavorful.
I have had good only experiences with the PT5000 and a couple other Chinese movements. I am honestly impressed with their abilities to withstand the abuse I put them through (it is an understatement when I say that the pt5000 movement I have been using for the past 2 years for sizing and prototyping has not been babied. It still starts up with a few flicks of the wrist).
Don't knock a time gage as a result of it's origin. If you like it, wear it.

· Super Moderator
20,948 Posts
Thanks Tom. There are some watch snobs who will dismiss because it is a Chinese brand, but like I said in the review, there are many watches branded as being U.S, Singapore, or European, that are in actual fact made in China. Even the Swiss watch industry use many Chinese parts. Apart from the fact Chinese parts are cheaper, they also have the technology and tooling to produce very high quality parts. Some enthusiasts won't like hearing it, but the brushing on the Proxima is as good as my Tudor BB36

You are very welcome Wiggles ! 😉

I think you shine a real light on something that maybe a lot of people
know, but forget about over time, or with time. 🙂 And much of it was
just speculation not that long ago until we found out that only around
60% of a Swiss Watch has to be Swiss to be called Swiss made. So
that means that close to half of those watches could have parts from
China as you are saying. And really it is just something that has become
routine it sounds like.

I always thought Swiss made watches were 100% Swiss most of my
life. ..Perhaps a lot of our vintage watches are, but nowadays it seems
to be much different. With brands from all countries seemingly using
Chinese parts. Even ones we probably think might no be. So seeing
a watch brand like Proxima make watches is both a lot of fun, as well
as refreshing. Because one, it’s a very nice watch, and two, you know
from the start that it is completely Chinese and they are honest about
it.

And on the brushing, or all around quality, I can’t say, but I trust you
that is as good as you say sir. (y)

What a fantastic conversation all the way around !

· Senior Novice
3,749 Posts
You are wrong. The ETA 2824 has no license, so any company can produce it. How can it therefore be counterfeit? It performs in all positions very well on a timegrapher. I have owned several watches with this movement, and performs as well as ETA 2825, Sellta SW200, and the STP 1.11. As you probably know, there are numerous clones of the ETA 2824, is it all of them you have an issue with, or just this one?
Yes, I’m wrong. I know that calibers can and will be copied, or cloned, as you put it in your video…which I do appreciate (sincerely), regardless of my take on the subject matter.

You bragged they’re superior to Swiss originals… curiously I looked Poxima up,

In the US, we get scam emails and text messages, and blatant frauds; typos alone reveal it.

Proxima's website reads like a scam message.

So, mighty Proxima has the power and prowess to trump Swiss engines…but they can’t proofread?

A legit fraud can be proofread…let alone a great one.

I wouldn’t have said a word if their website was great, or legit.

“What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun’’.

· Watch Freek
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I’m wrong. I know that calibers can and will be copied, or cloned, as you put it in your video…which I do appreciate (sincerely), regardless of my take on the subject matter.

You bragged they’re superior to Swiss originals… curiously I looked Poxima up,

In the US, we get scam emails and text messages, and blatant frauds; typos alone reveal it.

Proxima's website reads like a scam message.

So, mighty Proxima has the power and prowess to trump Swiss engines…but they can’t proofread?

A legit fraud can be proofread…let alone a great one.

I wouldn’t have said a word if their website was great, or legit.

“What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun’’.
With all due respect I didn't say the PT5000 is better than any Swiss equivalent, I said they often leave the factory better regulated. Over the years I have received Sellita and ETA movements running over 20 spd fast, the most inaccurate PT5000 is on this video, running at -6 spd. The watch in question far from being luxury watch standard, but is amazing value for money. Here is a link to their website, it may be different to the one you viewed?

· Long Time Member
3,138 Posts
Your claim that the brushing on it is as good as your BB. You must have bought a nasty Tudor beat up beyond comprehension. Yes, I've had both in hand.

· Watch Freek
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Your claim that the brushing on it is as good as your BB. You must have bought a nasty Tudor beat up beyond comprehension. Yes, I've had both in hand.
Not at ll, my BB36 was almost new when I bought it. The brushing on the Proxima is outstanding. Let's not forget, some luxury brands, such as Breitling source their cases from China, and why shouldn't they?

Below are both, you make up your own mind
Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Font

White Automotive design Watch Camera accessory Gadget

1 - 15 of 15 Posts