Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only read good things about them and after finally getting some, I know I need more ASAP. Will be ordering blue next.

So they're as comfortable and soft or maybe better than my 24mm Armida-Franes and way nicer than the orange 22mm Cuda straps I used to have (and hated) and a bit longer. Odd cus I thought the Armida straps were Cuda??? I don't know. I'm sure isofrane's are better but for a budget minded collector like myself, $18.90 is a no brainer for these.

If you're on the fence, jump !

8.25in wrist

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Thanks luis. May take them for a spin as well. Looking at the colors like the red, green and aqua. Stuff that either iso does not make or in the case of the aqua seems a hit steep to pay for when it will fit a limited number of watches.

Really wish I could get a tan rubber.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Looks real nice Luis!! I've got 2 of these straps and will definitely buy more. $18.90 with free shipping from China...hard to beat

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Awesome. Looks fantastic!

A side note, color does have something to do with how supple these are. You were unimpressed with the orange one you had, and I can tell you the one I had was also much more stiff than the black or blue ones. For some reason the darker colors are just softer.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The straps I had from OM smelled like burnt rubber, very unpleasant odor, enough so I couldn't wear them.
I thought the buckles were rather thin and kind of flimsy.
If they smelled more like what they advertised and improved the heft on the buckle I'd buy them all.

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
Oh nice Luis ! :) These look phenomenal with the watch, and play off a lot of the different details within the case, and bezel. ..Plus they are evidently just plain cool on the wrist ! :cool: The color, feel, and quality seem ridiculously impressive. Especially for the price ! Holy cow !!! Congratulations here Luis !

By the way, that is so great, and also interesting learning about the different colors having a different softness, or comfort level like that Garrick. Thanks so much for the insight ! :thumb:

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The straps I had from OM smelled like burnt rubber, very unpleasant odor, enough so I couldn't wear them.
I thought the buckles were rather thin and kind of flimsy.
If they smelled more like what they advertised and improved the heft on the buckle I'd buy them all.
Really sorry to hear that. Mine doesn't smell like vanilla but it smells good or "alright", not like burnt rubber at all. The buckle is so much better than the Cuda to undo and put it on. Not sure if they had their rubbers and buckles improved or what. I didn't even use the Borealis straps as comparison on initial post because those really suck in every way, to me, except for the color. The Orange Borealis strap looked great but felt horrible and was incredibly uncomfortable and hard to buckle up and unbuckle.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Looks fantastic!

A side note, color does have something to do with how supple these are. You were unimpressed with the orange one you had, and I can tell you the one I had was also much more stiff than the black or blue ones. For some reason the darker colors are just softer.
Thanks a lot for that. Really good info there. Makes sense now. I sold that orange Cuda real quick but was happy to keep the black ones and still use occasionally.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Luis, what size wrist do you have, these straps look very interesting but my 8" wrists are kind of a set back for most straps.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Really sorry to hear that. Mine doesn't smell like vanilla but it smells good or "alright", not like burnt rubber at all. The buckle is so much better than the Cuda to undo and put it on. Not sure if they had their rubbers and buckles improved or what. I didn't even use the Borealis straps as comparison on initial post because those really suck in every way, to me, except for the color. The Orange Borealis strap looked great but felt horrible and was incredibly uncomfortable and hard to buckle up and unbuckle.
No need to be sorry, the OM website says their Vanilla Scented.
I just wished they were vanilla.
I'd also compare the scent to a tire store. Lol
It does look great on your watch.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Luis, what size wrist do you have, these straps look very interesting but my 8" wrists are kind of a set back for most straps.
I know the feeling. I can't even use the nice straps I have so I gotta sell them some time soon. My wrist is 8.25in so you should be fine with the OM Straps :)
Do it ! Get 'em ! :)

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I know the feeling. I can't even use the nice straps I have so I gotta sell them some time soon. My wrist is 8.25in so you should be fine with the OM Straps :)
Do it ! Get 'em ! :)
Perfect! I already ordered one, if I like it I will order a couple more, since they are very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks Luis, and I agree. a hundred bucks for a small piece of rubber is absurd. Good to know this is the best of many options.
But worth every dime....however they do not come in red

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I wish they would make them in 24 mm

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Hey, for $19 shipped, they have been awesome at OM. Shipped it out the same day as my order. You just don't see that very often anymore. That effort and Luis' review makes me a very happy camper already and I've not even seen the strap yet. :)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I have a Black OM Strap on my Citizen Prime and I think it's really a great value.

Shipping was very fast, too.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts