Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bulova Sea King Chronograph...

I recently discovered the new divers line of UHF watches...I purchased this PVD Chronograph mostly because I got an amazing deal on it through a shop in Detroit used........I like the automatic one they make but it looks a bit bulky with that bezel lock on the left side........I am extremely impressed, (Thus Far)
The crown and pushers both are screw down. The bezel is etched and of perfect height and design in my eyes..It does ride below the flat antireflective crystal though so I'll have to be mindful of that..The 6 bolts in it's design will probably hit something before the crystal does though.....The hands and pointers are all spot on and functionality seems exact......The chronograph hand looks like it sweeps when activated.....I guess it actually is a fast 8 clicks at a time......hence the triple tuning fork quartz movement.......pretty cool looking at any rate......The second hand at 6 sweeps as well......Nice caseback design......The silicone/rubber ? strap and logo buckle are top notch......I'll post more after daily use.....Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Has anyone the pleasure of owning one of the new throwback Bulova divers? AKA - The Snorkel, Sea King, or UHF? If so please post pics, or impressions of them.
I might be able to answer this soon... :D

·
Registered
650 Posts

My Snorkel arrived today... :D

I had always loved the classic look of these throwback pieces, so I knew I had to get one the moment I saw the Snorkel with the orange and white bezel and shark mesh bracelet. Overall, I'm very pleased with it, and while some people have complained about the feel of the shark mesh bracelet it comes with, I actually like it. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, it's been a few weeks now owning the sea kng pvd chronograph....I'm happy to report it is not affected by jolts or bumps and is still keeping perfect time.....I've put on a leather strap which makes it office ready.....ha,ha......I submerge it daily in the shower previous to the leather strap so know it is watertight as well.......getting a few comments here and there......All good. Bulova has seemingly made a tough and functional diver in this sea king line.......yay...!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I also just picked up the Sea King (non-Chrono with rubber strap). I love it more than the monster and a bunch of other dive watches that I have. Sapphire crystal, precisionist movement and the size is perfect.

I love it for sure. Definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Awesome piece.

Would love to see a photo spread of it, if you ever get the chance.

Cheers.

My Snorkel arrived today... :D

I had always loved the classic look of these throwback pieces, so I knew I had to get one the moment I saw the Snorkel with the orange and white bezel and shark mesh bracelet. Overall, I'm very pleased with it, and while some people have complained about the feel of the shark mesh bracelet it comes with, I actually like it. :)

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Freeks:

I've asked this question, but never got a concise response.
I know up front the quartz engines in the Precisionist and
the Marine Star are different movements. I'm sure Citizen/
Miyota uses quality movements in the Marine Star as well.
But what model quartz engines do they use in both watches.
I own the quartz EcoZilla and know it's good points. No bad
ones I know of.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
650 Posts
Awesome piece.

Would love to see a photo spread of it, if you ever get the chance.

Cheers.
Thank you, my friend! Truth be told, I'm not much of a photographer, but I'm certainly willing to snap off a few more pics of it for you this weekend. :)

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I ran up to the local Mall and saw these in one of the stores. They were giving 30% off although for some reason the blue dial snorkel cost 45 bucks more. I asked why but the girl at the counter did not know. Nice piece although I did not like the mesh on it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an early Sea King. It is a Swiss made automatic and despite the name, looks nothing like a diver. Compare it to the modern Sea King....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts