Watch Freeks banner

What do you think of this new LM-9T Dial Design?

• Yea… I like it!

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Nope… not for me.

Votes: 15 75.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Since you asked for thoughts. I don't care for it overall. I'm not fond of the target design dial, I don't like the small hour hand, I don't care for the large model name and logo on the dial or its placement, and not sure about the chapter ring either.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Sorry but I'm still recovering from buying the LM-8 and then seeing the Borealis Seafarer for half that price. Very similar watches. LM-8 was +15/24 Sellita and Borealis is +2/24 9015, same watch otherwise with more C3 on the Borealis and the clasp wasn't upside down like on the LM-8 either. Sorry but before getting the new 07, I'll wait to see what the competition puts out again.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Pros:
- Highly legible
- White on black date wheel
- Good hand choice (in terms of style)

Cons:
- Too much orange on the outside of the bezel
- The red on the second hand needs to go, it should be orange
- The arrow pointing down, I realize what this is supposed to represent but I don't really like it
- Hour hand needs to be longer and more than the tip should be lumed, the rest should have some lume as well
- I don't like the logo placement, I think it should be placed under the 12 o'clock position giving it a little break in the target dial

All that being said; this is your company and YOU know your customers better than anyone here. If you have found that your designs have been successful in the past, go with it. I hate to be critical of anyone, especially since I am constantly picked on at school and there is nothing I can't do that someone isn't critical of. However, if it was my watch company/design (which it clearly isn't) these are the changes I would make. Looking forward to the new release (and thanks for giving me something to write about on my blog).

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
The hour hand looks way WAY to small.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry but there's nothing about it that appeals to me.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I literally haven't liked an Ocean 7 design for the last 2 years or so. I think the last model I liked from Ocean 7 was the old LM 2 internal bezel model.

This another new model from O7 that just makes me go, "meh".

What happened to the clean designs when O7 first came out?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Innovation and a bold new look can be good things and a lot of people may like this design. I prefer the clean, uncluttered dial design that was the signature of earlier O7 models like the LM-1 and LM-3.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Sorry but I'm still recovering from buying the LM-8 and then seeing the Borealis Seafarer for half that price. Very similar watches. LM-8 was +15/24 Sellita and Borealis is +2/24 9015, same watch otherwise with more C3 on the Borealis and the clasp wasn't upside down like on the LM-8 either. Sorry but before getting the new 07, I'll wait to see what the competition puts out again.
hhhmmm...might need to score me some BOREALIS killer value tool

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Meh.

Not a fan of orange, all three hands look mismatched in style and size, you're not even reading this, if you want to call it "tactical" it should really have a crown guard, this coffee tastes funny, lug-to-lug looks super long, that bracelet has been done to death, Fox never should have canceled Firefly, 1000 meter WR really isn't necessary, I hope it has a sapphire crystal, and the bezel insert is a little to plain for what you are trying to do with the dial and case.

But, that is just my humble opinion*.

*Except the part about Firefly, everyone agrees on that.

·
Long Time Member
1,748 Posts
I don't like it. They're saying the case is just a sample, so it might be different, and they're just asking about the dial. I agree with a lot of what has been said. The hands look wrong together, the hour hand is too short, the red seconds hand doesn't look right with the orange, the shapes don't belong together either. I don't like the bezel and chapter ring combination, but again, the bezel/case may be different. The model name/number looks too big, and what is the big orange arrow for? The crosshairs are too prominent. Other than that it looks good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts