Watch Freeks banner

The new Invictas - What do you all think?

5K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  BW-1 
#1 ·
imported post

Just saw pics of the new models from Invicta - the Ocean Hawk, Sea Thunder and the Sea Mount. I know the names are kind of corny but I do actually dig the styles and the sizes. What do the rest of the Freeks think of these models?

#2 ·
imported post

I think some of them have potential. Once they post the pics on ShopNBC I will try to post here. Do you have the J numbers yet Mikey?

#6 ·
imported post

I think they look great! Don't plan to buy all of them, but maybe one or two. Just the same, Invicta leads the way in design variations. Something for everyone. Ya just can't beat it.

Now the new Imperious line? WOW!! (I'm guessing that Invicta owns them as well. JMO )

#9 ·
imported post

NEW??? arent they just a variation of the same thing over and over again

Ocean Reef / Sea Reef etc etc etc

when they come out with a NEW Auto let me know!!

until then i think i'll hold my money for something more reliable and less FASHION

#10 ·
imported post

Well in my opinion, I think the Sea Mount looks like it has a plastic bezel and dial. It looks cheap.

Regardless of what the bezel and dial are made of, if other's that see it on your wrist also think it is plastic, well it looks cheap.

I like the Reserve Ocean Hawk a little better but I don't much like, or it hasn't grown on me yet, the square texture dial.

I like this third model, Sea Thunder,maybe in a silvertone no IP, also maybe on a bracelet. I not that big of a rubber fan, not opposed to it, just prefer a bracelet.

#14 ·
imported post

I'm sorry to say this, but it seems like Invicta watches are looking cheaper and cheaper. They have even said themselves that they are building them cheaper ie. movements, crystals etc. I have no interest in Invicta anymore. I have moved on to other companies that still believe in a quality built timepieces. This by no means is meant to cause insult or injury to those that still love their designs. I own 13 Invictas and my wife owns 2, but that is enough for us.

When Invicta decides to get back into the real "Reserve Line" again and they can produce a watch that is built to their previous "Reserve" standards then I may be interested again. Just my 2 cents.

#15 ·
imported post

Rob, I am very close to where to where you are. I do enjoy and appreciate the Invicta pieces that I currently own and do not see me parting with them. That being said, I notice that I am less and less enthused about Invicta and spend far less time looking at or researching them. I agree that many (and I mean many) shortcuts are being taken for the sake of volume. I agree that the earlier philosophy behind the Reserve collection has been abandoned and more and more long time Invicta enthusiasts are coming to the same conclusion (see the post Invicta Enthusiasts Evolution). At the same time I think it's important to also qualify my loss of interest with Invicta as a direct result of my increasing interest in other brands and designs exposed to me by members of the Freek Dome!!:b

So in the end I may be losing interest in one brand but have gained interest in at least 10 new ones (new to me, that is).
This is not helping with my fiscal responsibilities...LOL.

CJ

Watchguru58 wrote:
I'm sorry to say this, but it seems like Invicta watches are looking cheaper and cheaper. They have even said themselves that they are building them cheaper ie. movements, crystals etc. I have no interest in Invicta anymore. I have moved on to other companies that still believe in a quality built timepieces. This by no means is meant to cause insult or injury to those that still love their designs. I own 13 Invictas and my wife owns 2, but that is enough for us.

When Invicta decides to get back into the real "Reserve Line" again and they can produce a watch that is built to their previous "Reserve" standards then I may be interested again. Just my 2 cents.

#17 ·
imported post

Got a new Regulator and you're just full of yourself....let me share a friend of mines motto, Watchurself!!!! :madd

LOL:c:c(I'm so clever)

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
oh suck it up and be a MAN!!!!

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT - OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE HERE!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:
This is not helping with my fiscal responsibilities...LOL.

CJ

#18 ·
imported post

FRIEND?? FRIEND????

I dont even know you!!!

:%:%:%:%

3000 miles away!!! probably never meet either!!!

better off :b:b:b:t:t:t:t

Seattle wrote:
Got a new Regulator and you're just full of yourself....let me share a friend of mines motto, Watchurself!!!! :madd

CJ

#20 ·
imported post

Ouch...and to think I've been trying to teach my daughter to say Unki G.

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
FRIEND?? FRIEND????

I dont even know you!!!

:%:%:%:%

3000 miles away!!! probably never meet either!!!

better off :b:b:b:t:t:t:t

Seattle wrote:

CJ

#22 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
NEW??? arent they just a variation of the same thing over and over again

Ocean Reef / Sea Reef etc etc etc

when they come out with a NEW Auto let me know!!

until then i think i'll hold my money for something more reliable and less FASHION
I agree, not that some of the old designs are bad, just seems like the new ones ar reincarnations of past watches.

#23 ·
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
I think they look great! Don't plan to buy all of them, but maybe one or two. Just the same, Invicta leads the way in design variations. Something for everyone. Ya just can't beat it.

Now the new Imperious line? WOW!! (I'm guessing that Invicta owns them as well. JMO )
The Imperious line is an new line under the Invicta banner. It's a subsidiary I believe...it has it's own design team, managers etc.

As for the new Invicta lines...ho humm.....nothing strikes me. I am kinda Invicta'ed out right now. To me...there are only so many diver's watches I like and right now...I have the ones I like. But...I am more of a dress watchcollector...so I am more interested in what Stuhrling Original is bringing out.

I think the only watch my wife would likeme to have more of are the Lupah Divers. She really likes my LupahTwo Tone Diver I won in the first giveaway from CJ. She says itis a...her words....."more normal sized watch than my others!" She also likes that it has the look of a Rolex...as one of her co-workers commented to her about the watch...asking if I had a Rolex. She explained that I had won it and it wasn't a Rolex...but that it was a very good looking watch never the less.

#25 ·
imported post

If you really like a lot of these, well, you know what they say. Wait six months and the price will go down.

Or wait twelve months and I'll pick one up at TJ Maxx for you at around $120.00 :t

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.