Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Watch Freek
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By your leave, Ladies and Gentlemen . . .
Two years ago i published in this forum under the title "the Moderately Magnificent Nine". Now, I venture to offer an update.

Switzerland

The "geographic hybrids"

Glashütte in Sachsen

·
Watch Freek
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amazing watches. Forgive me, as I did not see your original post, but what is the theme here?
Thank you Sir.
There is no real theme, I simply buy what appeals to my soul.
As you will see, "sports" watches, especially on bracelets don't appeal that much. And I tend to like clean and unfussy design.
Nowadays I will only buy mechanical watches with display backs -- and I like all the movements to be just a little bit different.
The only real theme is that, since discovering the gorgeous little place, more than half my watches now come from an area of half a square mile in the Saxon town of Glashütte.

·
Watch Freek
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh! These are YOUR watches. Holy cow, that is a magnificent collection!
Yes, Sir, my very own.
Thanks for the compliment :cool:

Reactions: Robotaz

·
Long Time Member
574 Posts
What a fantastic collection Yokel.
You could open your own boutique on Park avenue!

I share your love for the Glashütte manufacturers, only have one Mühle so far.
Yours are all grails for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,171 Posts
Alright, this is too good Yokel, and may I add is 100% magnificent ! :D

A HUMUNGOUS congratulations on all of these !!!

You want to know something funny too? 😊My eyes read 'Seven',
not 'Seventeen' at first, so I thought that you had actually sold off
some of your watches, and was shocked at first. But then a second
later realized that your collection had nearly doubled !! 🏆🏆 😮😯
Wow, just wow ! ..I am relieved, as well as in awe all at once to tell
you the truth at seeing all of these. 😵

Just seeing them in articles is a joy. However, to have a chance
to see them here at the forum, and on one person's wrist?! 😲
That is unbelievable, along with unbelievably cool ! 😎:cool:🥇Can't
thank you enough for the update, as well as sharing this amazing
collection with us sir !!!

·
Watch Freek
1,084 Posts
Thank you Sir.
There is no real theme, I simply buy what appeals to my soul.
As you will see, "sports" watches, especially on bracelets don't appeal that much. And I tend to like clean and unfussy design.
Nowadays I will only buy mechanical watches with display backs -- and I like all the movements to be just a little bit different.
The only real theme is that, since discovering the gorgeous little place, more than half my watches now come from an area of half a square mile in the Saxon town of Glashütte.
Are\all your watches available on AliExpress, or only some of them?

·
Watch Freek
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Watch Freek
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A tad more than moderate I would venture to add.

I like your watches even though not my style - very nice to see and thanks for sharing
Thank you.

Personal taste is just that; each to her/his own. On another forum a member showed a collection of eight black faced steel Rolex divers and two black faced steel PP "sports" watches. That is my idea of hell on earth, but I admire and appreciate the effort and commitment the gentleman had put into amassing his horde. Good luck to him :)

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very impressive collection, Yokel. I can see your style and can feel the class! I gotta say, the best collection of open case backs I've seen. I like when other admit they want the "see-through" too. I just like to look at my movements (even though mine are all entry-level). Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thank you.

Personal taste is just that; each to her/his own. On another forum a member showed a collection of eight black faced steel Rolex divers and two black faced steel PP "sports" watches. That is my idea of hell on earth, but I admire and appreciate the effort and commitment the gentleman had put into amassing his horde. Good luck to him :)
I wouldn’t waste more than the 2 seconds noticing the 8 Rolexes looking at that guy’s collection. Talk about boring and lacking style.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts