Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife & I don't attend many concerts - maybe three a year.
Saw ZZ Top last Saturday night (saw them for the 1st time 32 years ago in Munich). Before ZZ Top, we've seen Bad Company, Deep Purple, Huey Lewis & The News, Robert Cray & Oakridge Boys, in that order.

If you're a concert goer, who have you seen lately?

:):):):)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Saw these two (again) about a year ago. I'm just insecure enough to provide a disclaimer: what we in the US call country music... I vehemently dislike. But these two, call them Americana or folk, whatever, they're beautiful and earnest.

Roarry: I saw ZZ Top in 1978 with my dad.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
That was a long time ago, I had to look it up: 18 July 2014, a Sergio Mendez gig in concert hall 'De Doelen' in Rotterdam. The next day we went on vacation to Ericeira, Portugal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Marin Alsop conducting the Britten-Pears Orchestra in Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet last week.

Five days before that, "The Blues Band" -- Paul Jones and Tom McGuinness (ex-Mannfred Mann) + friends.

Both excellent . . .

·
Super Moderator
9,354 Posts
Really cool question Roarry ! :cool: :rockon:

Haven't been to a concert in a while now to tell the truth. But saw an
amazing band named Within Temptation back a few years ago, and once
before that too.:smile-thumb2: Then had seen Joe Satriani a ton before
that, Metallica, and Van Halen before that. :)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
We also wanted to see Joe Bonamaso, but tickets were $600 a piece! No way.

Whaaaaaaat? Straight from the source or via a ticket bureau? (Reseller). Legislation is in the make here to prohibit the resale of tickets for more than 10% of the original value. I don't know how they do it but those resellers manage to snap up scores of tickets within 10 minutes after the Internet sale starts. Turning 30 Euro tickets into 130 Euro tickets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Roarry! Cool name, sounds similar. Last concert was the Bruce Springsteen concert at the old NJ Stadium right before they demolished it the next day or so. So it’s been a couple years. First one was Meatloaf in 1978 in upstate NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whaaaaaaat? Straight from the source or via a ticket bureau? (Reseller). Legislation is in the make here to prohibit the resale of tickets for more than 10% of the original value. I don't know how they do it but those resellers manage to snap up scores of tickets within 10 minutes after the Internet sale starts. Turning 30 Euro tickets into 130 Euro tickets.

The tickets were on sale from the official ticket supplier for Bonamaso.
Here in Canada we too have new rules coming to restrict the the resale of tickets to 50% more than original list. Still a rip. Here too, it only takes minutes before their all gone. The official ticket sellers own the company who "buys up" all the tickets & sells them for a 50% markup.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Roarry! Cool name, sounds similar. Last concert was the Bruce Springsteen concert at the old NJ Stadium right before they demolished it the next day or so. So it’s been a couple years. First one was Meatloaf in 1978 in upstate NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw Meat Loaf in 1978 too, in Toronto. What a performer!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My wife is a huge Justin Timberlake fan so about 3 or 4 years ago we saw him in concert. He does a good show.

However my first concert, which made the few others I went to seem very insignificant, was Led Zeppelin back in 1977.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I go to concerts often since I'm a musician. Not rock, country or hip-hop but classical or concert band music. We were invited to play at the ACB (Assoc of Concert Bands) conference in June, 2017. You can hear one piece here:

Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
"The Ramparts" by Clifton Williams:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Daughter talked me into going to see Train and Hall & Oates at the Moda center recently.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Who doesn't love live music, good stuff, pic a genres.
Last year my wife took us to Trans Siberian Orchestra, interesting show. A brother has Twenty One Pilots tickets and wants us to go but i haven't decided; love the band hate the crowds and want the pits, just not me anymore. We used to hit the neo woodstock type festivals. When i was kid the first show was Metalica & The Cult, Justice For All tour, never had the ca$h or drop it on a show.

Didn't see a band or performer listed above i wouldn't love to see, and some of those shows must've been WOW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts