Watch Freeks banner

41 - 60 of 233 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,283 Posts
Tom, you beat me to it... I like those mid-late '60s Bonnevilles. Here's the 1967 Bonneville 2 door hardtop:

:) Sorry Enrico, but how about your your hardtop here?!! ..So cool ! :coo2l:

You know what's so nice about seeing all of these guys?! ..Is at least for
myself, am actually learning about the cars with each amazing picture.

I mean, honestly know a lot of the names, or nameplates, but before this
thread could probably only identify, or point out a handful of models out
there, or here. So thanks very very much for the lesson guys !!!

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
1978 Oldsmobile Toronado XS. Length: 227.5 inches, weight: 4828 lbs.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The real deal. How do these drive compared to a modern compact (European) sized car?

They don't compare - 2 different beasts. I do not realy have any thing I've ever owned to compare it to. Years ago, I owned a Lancia Beta Coupe. A small auto which handled well & was alot of fun to drive. My Lincolns drive like you're on a cloud, corner like a marshmallow, are very quiet, have TONS of room & are at their best on the highway a 80 mph. I quite like them.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
And yet the spare tyre is outside the car! :D :D

That curve you see on the deck lid (boot) is just for styling. The full size spare is not behind it. It lays flat on the bottom of the trunk up near the back of the rear seats.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The Family Excalibur

Our Families 1982 Excalibur Phaeton with me showing off my dancers leg.I don't have the dimensions but this car is huge! Only 3,000 of these cars were produced. Driving this car is a pleasure but watch the turns. Our family still owns this car and believe me..this car is a head turner and it has won countless trophies! I've included a video so you can get a better idea.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Our Families 1982 Excalibur Phaeton with me showing off my dancers leg.I don't have the dimensions but this car is huge! Only 3,000 of these cars were produced. Driving this car is a pleasure but watch the turns. Our family still owns this car and believe me..this car is a head turner and it has won countless trophies! I've included a video so you can get a better idea.
Lovely car there C - thanks for the show

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Thank you...BTW it has Chevy 350 engine installed brand new just after purchase. It's in absolute mint condition and it's worth between $75,000 - $80,000 but we have no intention of selling it. It's a very rare platinum signature edition.

·
Super Moderator
10,283 Posts
The Family Excalibur

Thank you...BTW it has Chevy 350 engine installed brand new just after purchase. It's in absolute mint condition and it's worth between $75,000 - $80,000 but we have no intention of selling it. It's a very rare platinum signature edition.

Yowza, yeah, thanks so much for the show sir ! :smile-thumb2:

Can't believe we are actually getting to see one of these, and that you
own one as well. :eek: :jaw: It's amazing, and just takes your breath away in
the picture, and video really.

All of the details are extraordinary at each, and every turn, and
it really must be incredible in person, because it's unforgettable
just on this end here. :happy0065: Boy oh boy, what a treat !

Thanks so very very much !!!

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
That curve you see on the deck lid (boot) is just for styling. The full size spare is not behind it. It lays flat on the bottom of the trunk up near the back of the rear seats.
It seems that I have caused confusion :D I was referring to the Cadillac Biarritz :D

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The Mercedes-Maybach 6 concept. Length 224 inches. I believe it has land yacht qualifications:

And it's a two-seater no less! The other land yachts could at least seat more people.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yes they really maximized inefficiency of space!

How about the lovely 1967 Buick LeSabre coupe:

Oh yes, it qualifies. (217.5 inches, 4023 Lbs.). It also looks a bit menacing :D. A car from a Sixties TV show like The Green Hornet. That was a Chrysler Imperial but still.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I love those old two door hardtops. No B pillars, no partial window glass poking up, just the huge open expanse of an arcing roofline.

41 - 60 of 233 Posts