Watch Freeks banner

241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,881 Posts
Hey!

That’s a Holden!

1960-61 FB Wagon.

Not many around now, but I can remember seeing these around as a kid...

SOoO many watches SOoO little time...
:D ;) Can imagine they are, or were really memorable in person
Black5 ! (y)(y) The design alone is wonderful, but then it has the
whole two-tone thing going at the same time. ..Pretty awesome !

Just found this 1960-1964 Dodge Phoenix for you... 🙂

·
Registered
70 Posts
:D ;) Can imagine they are, or were really memorable in person
Black5 ! (y)(y) The design alone is wonderful, but then it has the
whole two-tone thing going at the same time. ..Pretty awesome !

Just found this 1960-1964 Dodge Phoenix for you...

It’s interesting to compare these and it’s obvious to see that Australian production in the 60’s was still rooted in 50’s design language. I believe the FB Holden was based on a 55/56 Chevrolet design?

It didn’t take long before Australian manufacturers started developing their own designs from scratch. Eventually they got pretty good at it, especially the local Ford design team which was world class at one stage...

·
Super Moderator
11,881 Posts
It’s interesting to compare these and it’s obvious to see that Australian production in the 60’s was still rooted in 50’s design language. I believe the FB Holden was based on a 55/56 Chevrolet design?

It didn’t take long before Australian manufacturers started developing their own designs from scratch. Eventually they got pretty good at it, especially the local Ford design team which was world class at one stage...

I think you are right on about the design connection with that 55/56 design
Black5. ;) But yeah, it is terrific not only see the similarities, but also those
differences like you are pointing out. (y)(y) I honestly love how you guys
really added in your own flavor with designing. You really did create such
an incredibly cool, and unique style. :cool:

Always wished we would have seen your cars over here !

·
Watch Freek
550 Posts
No offense meant Tom, but I cannot condone people taking a classic car and doing what is show in that last photo (even though it looks CG)

It's like the people taking 1970s and 1980s BMW horizontal twin motorcycles, sawing off bits and pieces and turning them into "Café Racers". It was never meant to be as such. Worst of all, soon there will be none of the original ones left, or so few that they will be astronomically priced.

Granted, tuners have always existed, but the likes of ABT, Koenig and even Saleen took modern cars and modified them, not classics.

·
Super Moderator
11,881 Posts
No offense meant Tom, but I cannot condone people taking a classic car and doing what is show in that last photo (even though it looks CG)

It's like the people taking 1970s and 1980s BMW horizontal twin motorcycles, sawing off bits and pieces and turning them into "Café Racers". It was never meant to be as such. Worst of all, soon there will be none of the original ones left, or so few that they will be astronomically priced.

Granted, tuners have always existed, but the likes of ABT, Koenig and even Saleen took modern cars and modified them, not classics.
No offense taken of course Hector. 😉🙂I actually agree with what you
are saying, but I got taken in by that color I think, and just cool look of
the car. 😊But yeah, it's true when you take a classic, and change it,
then the classic is gone right?! 😦..Whether it's a car, motorcycle, or
even a watch actually.

What would actually be cool, is if this car above, and others cars like
it. Along with those motorcycles, were homages (like with watches
once again). 😉That way you could experience the look of a classic,
but the car, or motorcycle would actually be a brand new creation.
And any classic would be spared sir. (y)

·
Senior Freek
1,816 Posts
Pretty sure I've shared this before, and I'll do it again anyway. My dream land yacht is a 1964 Lincoln Continental with a white exterior and red interior. If I could really have it my way, I'd covert it to electric just for extra fun.
The version I own, bought for me years ago:

A version I'd love to own!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pretty sure I've shared this before, and I'll do it again anyway. My dream land yacht is a 1964 Lincoln Continental with a white exterior and red interior. If I could really have it my way, I'd covert it to electric just for extra fun.
The version I own, bought for me years ago:

A version I'd love to own!
Cool. You don’t see many white ones. I’m a big fan of the Lincoln’s also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior Freek
1,816 Posts
Cool. You don’t see many white ones. I’m a big fan of the Lincoln’s also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And look at what I just found! A shop converting a '64 to electric! OMG! I'm not getting any work done for the next little bit...

241 - 260 of 272 Posts