Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

got this from froobi.Its going back.nice watch, movements pretty good. but..................... all of the caseback screws were loose. some of the friction pins in the links had been hammered in from the wrong side. yep, hammer marks.lug tubes.I've worked on a number of them. this one? both sides spin.I got one side to release the screw and got the tube out. no threads on the screw and none in the tube.wonder how thats supposed to stay together?how can you miss threading a screw?:b

lume, while there isn't applied well at all. its blotchy on the hands. kind of like the technomarine hummer that I bought.

the watch looks good, but to many problems.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Sorry it didn't work out for you dedward. It's a great watch. Is there a possibility of sending that one back and getting a replacement? I would hate to see you miss out on this one!

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

This seems to be becoming an issue with the Shop sending out "used" watches as new - isn't this against the law ?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am not a photographer, nor a Forensics expert, but it appears to me that picture #2 has been played with. I am seeing some strange lume going on there!!! Hmmmmmmm!!!!

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

thats a unedited photo. do you need to see the source image? its about a 5 second exposure.What you see at the 6 oclock is the lumed 2nd counter sweeping under the

hour hand. my question to those who own the is are the lug tubes threaded and tighten up, or are they push in plugs with screwheads?

heres another lume shot with the chronograph running.Again, other than sizing them, they aren't edited.

how should good lume look? I do alot of photography and reviews, so my photos are correct.

heres another lume shot. you don't see splotchy lume like whats on the reserve.

I don't edit lume shots. you see what the camera sees.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Just fired up one of mine and it is the same way, very difficult too see, If I had not of looked for it I would have never even noticed it was like this.Does not bother me in the slightest!

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

It doesn't bug me either.I got this one because it looks great. I use other watches for actual diving.They sent a rma and this is on the way back.I'll have another one next week. 355 grams? damn thats heavy.:b

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I had a SAS and really liked it too. I never had any problems with mine though. All the screws were tight and the links all done right. It is a heavy piece and if you don't like heavy watches, this babby ain't for you. I sold mine recently as I'm going for a Breitling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.