Watch Freeks banner

The H.R. Giger 'Passagen' Watch

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tinknocker 
#1 ·
imported post

[align=center]This was actually the first watch we designed. Well...designed, then re-designed, and then re-re-re-designed. H.R. Giger is a brilliant Swiss artist, who won an Oscar for designing Ridley Scott’s ALIEN. Most of his surreal paintings are organic in structure, but we selected one that had more of an industrial theme for the watch.
[/align]
[align=center]

[/align][align=center] We gradually, though painful trial and error, found out what could and could not be reasonably fabricated by our watch manufacturers. This process took three years before we were finally ready to produce the watch. The case itself was the main issue, with various molding and CNC techniques utilized. Each little bolt and part on it is hand applied or tapped in. The key-hole shaped sapphire crystal was also a bit of a challenge.
[/align] [align=center]

[/align] [align=center]

[/align][align=center] Only three hundred of these watches will be produced, in various versions. The automatic features the Swiss ETA 2824-2. We did not add a date function as we wanted the dial to have a clean look. The automatics come in black PVD or 18K gold plate. 32.5mm wide and 42.6mm tall with a thickness of 11mm. Each watch is individually numbered on the caseback, with Giger's engraved signature.
[/align]
[align=center]

[/align]
It wears quite comfortably on the wrist.

[align=center]

[/align]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
imported post

I saw this on the site when checking out their M1A2 watch. Pretty cool design. I am a Giger fan and have been for a long time, and it does pay nice homage to his surreal art work and designs.

Caddymon is right though, does not look like it would wear very comfortably.

The pics make it look a bit too "plasticy" as well. Nice to admire, but I don't see wearing something like that myself.

#6 ·
imported post

Very interesting. What is the height of the case? And i hope you do not mind but can you post a shot of it back-case? Wrist shot does look very nice.

#7 ·
imported post

Not my style, but not bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.