Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are days when you want to get something off your chest and today is one of these days. In no particular order:

• Crown guards on watches that don't really need it. Actually, no watch needs crown guards :D
  • Mercedes hands on watches that are not Rolex. Please, come up with something new.
  • 'Innovative' dive watch designs that turn out to be Sub clones with a yellow dial.
  • Watches with a case and bracelet made out of wood. Ha, ha, very funny. Toss them in the fireplace right now!
  • 'Fruit drinks' that contain 0.04% of the fruit so prominently portrayed on the label (the result of clever and consistent lobbying by the food industry). This is an utter and bloody disgrace and can be found all over the products on super market shelves. I know what to do with the [email protected] that came up with this :mad:
  • Restaurants that try to pass off orange juice from a carton as 'fresh'. Really? Really?! We consistently send this back. Why? Because of the price they charge for this 'fresh' orange juice and I've heard all the excuses by now. "We squeeze our juice in the morning". DO NOT TRY TO CON ME!
  • Artisanal products at large. In my country 'artisanal' means absolutely nothing, it's not a protected description or something. Look, I make 'artisanal' cheese! Well, you know what you can do with your 'artisanal' cheese! :D

Edit:
  • The term ‘rare’ used on eBay. The Mona Lisa is rare, not that silly beer bottle that has been made in the hundreds of thousands.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I feel a lot better now! :D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Overuse of the term " Price Point" !
What the hell? Trying to make PRICE sound sophisticated? You Tube watch / review videos among the worst offenders.
It's a great deal for this "price point" or considering the "price point", one should get this included. You get the idea. Ah feel better now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: dermouse

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
As mentioned in another thread, its hard, if nigh on impossible, to design a watch today with truly innovative features that have not already been used to death.

The low levels of fruit in fruit juice you refer to reminds me of fruit flavoured sweets (candy) that contains miniscule amounts of real fruit/juice but has
"Fruit flavouring E324569xxxxx" and "Colouring E538579xxxxx" and and ...

Then you get dishwashing liquid and soaps that contain "Real lemon juice". Really? That's probably the reason there's no more real fruit juice left for drinking!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then you get dishwashing liquid and soaps that contain "Real lemon juice". Really? That's probably the reason there's no more real fruit juice left for drinking!

This is hilarious! :D

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
  • The constant barrage of feminine hygiene products in commercials, followed by an even greater barrage of treatments for (partly made up) female ailments of the nether regions. SEE YOUR GP FIRST! The voice-over babbles about the 'fact' that 'many' women want to treat those ailments with a medicine that can be bought without prescription. Really? Says who? SEE YOUR GP FIRST!
  • The almost cartoon like car salesman. I apologize deeply if I'm going to offend car salesmen that are member of WF but I thought that we had left this behind in 2018 :D Watch too gold, fingers with too many rings on them, belly too big for shirt and tie, trousers too tight for same reason and so on, and so forth.
  • Articles left behind in supermarket isles and on shelves where they don't belong, often perishables. People have become so lazy and indifferent that is it way too much trouble to go back and put the article where it belongs in case they changed their mind. This really makes me furious!
  • WF members that change the title of their thread :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
1) Idiots that drive slow in the fast lane and won't get over cause they are doing the speed limit. (Thankfully now you can be ticketed for this in some states as you are creating a driving hazard and impeding the flow of traffic).

2) ANY and ALL drug commercials. They should be banned just like the Marlboro man. No wonder there is a prescription drug epidemic.

3) inconsiderate people, of which I'm becoming even more intolerant of as I get older.

I could go on and on, but it's time to get back to work......

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1) Idiots that drive slow in the fast lane and won't get over cause they are doing the speed limit. (Thankfully now you can be ticketed for this in some states as you are creating a driving hazard and impeding the flow of traffic).

2) ANY and ALL drug commercials. They should be banned just like the Marlboro man. No wonder there is a prescription drug epidemic.

3) inconsiderate people, of which I'm becoming even more intolerant of as I get older.

I could go on and on, but it's time to get back to work......
1) Thankfully already in place over here, you will get a hefty fine for creating dangerous situations (people will try to pass on the right) and hindering traffic.

2) Only commercials for over the counter drugs are allowed here but the principle is the same. A thusfar unknown ‘condition’ is being dramatised, followed by the cure. And it goes in and on, like with the hundreds of vitamins commercials.

3) Agree 100% and seems to be the trait to claw your way to the top of an organisation.

·
Registered
866 Posts
... Another peeve..
Gratuitous use of the adjective "amazing" ! When the dolts on reality TV or other programs, e.g., The Bachelor, cannot think (limited vocabulary perhaps?), of anything else to say to descibe a situation, place, thing or person. His hair was combed...it was amazing! The sun went down ..in the west ...it was amazing! The shade of beige in the restaurant bathroom is amazing! .. well, no, it is not! None of your obsevations are!

Spaceflight ..dare I say to the moon, is Amazing. Vaccines and medical science ...that is Amazing. Mother Earth again, amazing! The size of the universe THAT IS AMAZING!

Ah...I feel better again..Amazing!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... Another peeve..
Gratuitous use of the adjective "amazing" ! When the dolts on reality TV or other programs, e.g., The Bachelor, cannot think (limited vocabulary perhaps?), of anything else to say to descibe a situation, place, thing or person. His hair was combed...it was amazing! The sun went down ..in the west ...it was amazing! The shade of beige in the restaurant bathroom is amazing! .. well, no, it is not! None of your obsevations are!

Spaceflight ..dare I say to the moon, is Amazing. Vaccines and medical science ...that is Amazing. Mother Earth again, amazing! The size of the universe THAT IS AMAZING!

Ah...I feel better again..Amazing!

Your reply is, you guessed is, just a m a z i n g :D :D

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow ..how quickly my rant invoked this type of response...Amazing! Ha!

You’re welcome :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
.. It's "amazing" how many things are just plain "awesome" -- we are becoming inured to hyperbole being used for the mundane . . . . .

. . . . . . but, luckily, some of my compatriots can still describe something which truly does amaze as "really quite interesting"!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[*]The almost inbarable amount of game shows on our national television, containing the same, endless row of semi-celebrity talking heads. One of the reasons my TV watching habits have changed drastically. Read: I hardly watch TV anymore.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The amount of watch strap companies and watch companies that use the word deployment when describing a DEPLOYANT clasp.

Ebike riders who think that they "have every right" to position themselves in the middle of the lane operating as a motorcycle. C'mon morons, you're on a bicycle! You didn't pay for a plate! Stop holding up traffic by riding at 22 kilometres per hour.

Adding to what has already been said, in a restaurant - the waitress responds with "amazing" on EVERYTHING" Really? I sat down amazing, I chose my meal & it was amazing, the way I inserted my CC into the machine was truley amazing ... enuff!!

And the canned cs is over the top. Let wait staff be themselves & stop writing your name on the tablecloth. I need to choose better places to eat maybe.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The amount of watch strap companies and watch companies that use the word deployment when describing a DEPLOYANT clasp.

Ebike riders who think that they "have every right" to position themselves in the middle of the lane operating as a motorcycle. C'mon morons, you're on a bicycle! You didn't pay foe a plate! Stop holding up traffic by riding at 22 kilometres.
Did you have a cactus for breakfast? :D :D :D

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keep ‘em coming, vent all your frustrations in this free thread!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts