Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Go GRANDPA's! Old Folks Boogie!
Mark Martin on the pole for the 2010 Daytona 500 next Sunday.

GrandPa Bill from Dawsonville 4th in qualifying.

Two of the few active drivers who raced before the restrictor plate, and the one who caused NASCAR to implement the damm plate. NASCAR is using the largest plate since the 89 race = more HP, Giddy Up!

Track Qualifying Record: Bill Elliott, 210.364mph, February 1987 :t

Tune in Thursday afternoon for the Twin 150 duel qualifying races for positions 3 thru 39.

Positions 3-39 are determined by finishing orders in the 150 duel races.

The final four spots in the 43-car field will be based on Pole Day qualifying speeds of cars that have not already earned a starting position. However, if there is an eligible Sprint Cup Series past champion entered who has not already qualified, that past champion will receive the 43rd and final position. If there is more than one past champion eligible for this berth, it goes to the most recent champion.

Tonight at 8pm EST:
The Budwesier Shootout will have two segments of 25 and 50 laps. Both green- and yellow-flag laps will count. Between segments, there will be a 10-minute pit stop at which time teams will pit and may elect to change tires, add fuel and make normal chassis adjustments. Crews will be permitted to work on cars and will be allowed to perform functions they would do on a normal pit stop in a regular NASCAR Sprint
Cup event. All work must be performed on pit road or in the garage. Changing of springs, shock absorbers or rear-ends will not be permitted.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Thank you for the information! Awesome Bill from Dawsonville qualified fourth and Mark Martin took the pole! :bYES!:bThat makes me happy, :c! I like seeing the older drivers do well! By the way, the Bud Shootout is always exciting. :BE! Some exciting television tonight. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I am thrilled for Mark, after all he was robbed of the 500 win a few years ago....Glad to see Dale Jr on the outside pole after the year he had last year.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
I am thrilled for Mark, after all he was robbed of the 500 win a few years ago....Glad to see Dale Jr on the outside pole after the year he had last year.
Hi WatchNut, I am guessing but I think Dale Jr. will put last season behind him and start winning many races this season. Mark Martin is a tough and experienced driver who will win a bunch of races! A couple of my favorite Sprint Cup racers.....Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.