Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all are painfully aware of, our world and lives are put upside down by current events. But we should not forget the things that still make us happy. Small things like the trees that are beginning to sprout leaves and birds that are singing in the early morning. This morning I visited Anne's grave and I put a white tulip on her stone. The cemetery is a haven of rest and quiet in an otherwise very busy and noisy city. A small but very beautiful cemetery. Yes my friends, I have shared this with only a very few other members but after a long and unfair struggle, the love of my life passed away on 3 November last year. At the age of 56 and we were married for over 32 years.

I dedicate this thread to her as she was positive and loved life to the very end. I miss her every day. So good vibes all, share your happy thoughts as there are many as long as you want to see them. (y)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice idea Frans. As you know, I've been more appreciative of my wife and my girls. Even with us cooped up more than usual.

I planted several trees and shrubs last year at this time before a new business venture started and I had weeks of down time. It's good to see many blooming and others showing signs of waking back up after a long winter. A reminder that life's going on just fine and someday before too long we'll be past all this.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nature is not aware of our struggles. And so it should be. Today would have been the Rotterdam Marathon but like many, many events it was cancelled. But those who trained their @rse off were not deterred by the cancellation. They still ran their marathon. Not before the thousands along the route to cheer them but just for themselves. With a big smile on their face once they completed the final meters and still received flowers from their children or partners.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Nature is not aware of our struggles.
Conversely, we are often not aware of nature's struggle on a planet that we do not look after or appreciate as we should.

More good vibes and happy memories to you and your family as you fondly remember your late wife

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
What a wonderful thread Frans. Really beautiful sir. I know Anne
has to just love this.

Always am trying to be positive, and really appreciate life every
day on this end. Can't put into words how much I care for, and
love my family, because it is actually immeasurable honestly. So
I just show them every day by being as kind as possible, and as
loving as humanly possible. Never taking them for granted, and
always, always being thankful. Thankful for their love, along with
just having family, and friends near, and far like you, and
everyone here Frans.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
My work is also considered essential to society so I'm out more than I'd like to be. But, 1) Traffic is a joy. 2) The seasonal changes are beautiful and most welcome. 3) And most importantly, I've connected with more family members and friends in the last 3 weeks than in the last three years combined.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, traffic is a joy! I'm not struggling to get to work but I'm cruising very relaxed and with Ben Liebrand mixes off a 64 GB micro USB stick playing from 7 speakers. And oh, that Spring weather (y) I leave home at 06.50, almost no traffic. Only a few vans and lorries.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the small town of Lisse you can find 'De Keukenhof', the world's largest flower exhibition that draws hundreds of thousands every year. 7 million bulbs are planted that bloom in Spring. But this year without visitors. The flowers don't know of course.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Goodness gracious that's beautiful color.
It is, it's absolutely stunning. I visited it many years ago and once you're walking along those endless fields of flowers there's nothing much more to say. Just soak it all up and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
Frans, holy cow, what a coincidence ! 😯🙂 Was watching this really
cool show about cruises on TV recently, and they actually went to the
Netherlands, and then showed this exact area, and talked about it.
It really is amazing to see, and that's just thanks to these neat videos,
and pictures. So can just imagine how fantastic it must be in person !
Really appreciate you letting us visit, and taking us on the tour ! 😃

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Evolution of 'The Friends' theme song 1920s to 1990s

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
Wow, that was pretty fantastic Frans ! 😲 Really fantastic actually !!! 😃😎

100% puts a smile on the face sir. Thank you so so much !!!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, that was pretty fantastic Frans ! 😲 Really fantastic actually !!! 😃😎

100% puts a smile on the face sir. Thank you so so much !!!
They are good, really good! Dozens of songs turned into the sound of another era.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Postmodern Julkebox

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spice Girls:

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
:D They really are something like you said Frans ! ..They make you
really enjoy these songs, and the way they put a whole new spin on
them is just extraordinary. I mean it's like you are experiencing the
songs for the first time. With the style changes leaving you speechless.
They really are talented sir. Thanks a ton for finding, and sharing them
with us ! :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts