Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
If you've not read my "hi" thread, this won't mean anything to you.
But if you did, in my write up of my failed micro brand "Bravus" I missed putting this watch in...the Aquanaut.

Why? Well this was a prototype, prototype. Basically a fake Submariner case, with a ripoff Seamaster type face with a "unique" bezel (in the Bravus font). All lovingly powered by a Miyota auto.

Yes, I get the irony in having a watch called an "Aquanaut" with 5ATM water resistance and yes, I'm sure no Miyota auto runs at chronometer level, but I was very new to watches and having a laugh at this time.

10 were made and I still have 3. One in rotation (this one, the rubber goes so well with it) one on the original stamped bracelet and a rough one that a friend gave back to me saying it didn't work and kept stopping. It does work, I guess if you're not into autos then you don't shake your wrist now and then and also know that if you don't wear it for a couple of days, it's gonna stop.
Anyway, just thought I'd share this for completeness.

The slightly rough but working one will probably be given away at random at some point...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Tony! Interesting concept, though not sure about the font selection for the bezel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed, I guess there was a bit of MontBlanc copying in my thoughts there too :)

Bear in mind, this would have been a $95 watch in 2004.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ahh... now I see the inspiration. Despite that, at 95 bucks? That would have been a steal.

Reactions: TonyMaroney

·
Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
Whoa Tony, very nice ! :eek: Can see that you have a real eye for detail !!! :smileyface_hand_cla You've got a bold, ultra modern dial with the markers, and hands. Not to mention that beautiful wave pattern to add even more class. ..Then you're bezel kicks up the classic, vintage vibe in such a neat way later on. It's some kind of combo Tony, and it all works ridiculously well if you ask me. Has to be awesome having you're own models like this that you know no one else will be wearing out there. So so cool Tony !

Thanks a lot for the look like this !

·
Registered
517 Posts
I too like the looks of the watch a lot. I love the rubber strap, and I especially like the hour and minute hands. I never cared for the iconic but to me odd looking Rolex hour hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts