Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before

Now the fun begins and my geekiest most enjoyable moment as an owner of any watch since my first watch, Timex Ironman in elementary school.

It was an incredible feeling for me to know I was about to do this. Like an uncontrollable happiness and jitters, never felt that with any purchase before. I mean, the Orca case above is perfect in every way to me. Then all of a sudden, I get the chance to put that same 2000M ETA 2824-2 dial/hands combo on a super sick case that looks like the Aliens left it behind AND for only $150 from our own #FOUR. I mean WOW. When I couldn't afford the Seiko SRP637 I want badly, this opportunity came up and I was all over it.

And then it happened. I had a whole nutha' space age looking watch for an unbelievable price. Little did I know when I bought he case, how enjoyable the process would be.

None of the canvas or leather NATO's fit under the lugs so I went with the killer bracelet.

If you see any flaws on the case, it's ginger smudge or lint. #FOUR sent me a flawless mint condition case.

The finish on H2O pieces is unbeatable. That sunburst brushed finish makes me drool.

Today I switched to what I call my "Predator" look. Definitely digging it more this H2O leather. Glad nobody picked it up when I posts it for sale.

I really wanna get some custom green, grey, black with orange stitching ASAP when budget allows for this piece on either case. I do prefer the other case but it's great to have options.

Here is a link of our own andrema, showing us how to swap cases on the Orcas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKoHONW-wpM

This video worked as an enabler because immediately after viewing it, I contacted #four to buy this case. The deciding factor, basically.

Thanks for viewing.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thanked you a handful of times but I wanna thank you again publicly, Mr Crockett aka #four. What an unforgettable experience. I look forward to dealing with you many times more throughout the decades ahead of us. :)

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Wow and I mean, just wow! I'm eyeing this case myself for a while (this and the torpedo case) but I find the price for just the case way off the scale. I see the mono case as something from the early Seventies, very retro. I dig it man :cool:

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I thanked you a handful of times but I wanna thank you again publicly, Mr Crockett aka #four. What an unforgettable experience. I look forward to dealing with you many times more throughout the decades ahead of us. :)

The pleasure was all mine Luis!! Looks Fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot, everyone. This moment required extra pics so I had to :)

Wow and I mean, just wow! I'm eyeing this case myself for a while (this and the torpedo case) but I find the price for just the case way off the scale. I see the mono case as something from the early Seventies, very retro. I dig it man :cool:
Thank you, yeah I believe the inspiration is a special edition Rolex from the 1950's that's also the inspiration for the CH1 and a G&W piece.

While I can understand your opinion on pricing cus my funds to buy watches abs straps are very limited, please keep in mind that you can interchange Orca cases with modules that are WR Rated to 2000M with a Swiss Auto in them. It's a really quick change also. I can tell you it's worth every penny if I had it, to own most Orca cases.
Why ? The Orca on the wrist feels so solid, the finish makes me drool, the dial and hands are unique, the Lume is ridiculous, the lines are extremely sexy and when it's all said and done, Orcas feel like it's a $2,500 watch and more (to me). So I'm basically getting a steal of a deal here. There's nothing like the Torpedo around so I would love it to get it cheap but that's only possible in my dreams. Might take me til spring or summer to get it.

Here's another super sexy case and model option that is completely swappable.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Thanks a lot, everyone. This moment required extra pics so I had to :)

Thank you, yeah I believe the inspiration is a special edition Rolex from the 1950's that's also the inspiration for the CH1 and a G&W piece.

While I can understand your opinion on pricing cus my funds to buy watches abs straps are very limited, please keep in mind that you can interchange Orca cases with modules that are WR Rated to 2000M with a Swiss Auto in them. It's a really quick change also. I can tell you it's worth every penny if I had it, to own most Orca cases.
Why ? The Orca on the wrist feels so solid, the finish makes me drool, the dial and hands are unique, the Lume is ridiculous, the lines are extremely sexy and when it's all said and done, Orcas feel like it's a $2,500 watch and more (to me). So I'm basically getting a steal of a deal here. There's nothing like the Torpedo around so I would love it to get it cheap but that's only possible in my dreams. Might take me til spring or summer to get it.

Here's another super sexy case and model option that is completely swappable.

Please read my signature :D I hear what you say but I think that over 33% for just a case (relative to the price of my complete Orca) is just too much. But that's my opinion.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I respect your opinion. :)
Just wanted to give you some biased perspective after going through kinda adrenaline rush by swapping cases for first time. I don't know if you ever done that with your Orca but it made me into a bigger Helberg addict immediately. In any case, I completely understand and respect your opinion.
Another one I look forward to is the new Marlin coming out soon in 40mm and 44mm with the option of black/orange and black/white bezel inlays. That's gonna be another winner, no doubt.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a fantastic 'change of pace' that case mod makes, Luis. Looks like a ton of fun. :)
Most fun I've ever had with watches. Unbelievable. Like my mind was saying woohooo yeehaaah can't believe this is happening omg omg omg lol valley girl style.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I respect your opinion. :)
Just wanted to give you some biased perspective after going through kinda adrenaline rush by swapping cases for first time. I don't know if you ever done that with your Orca but it made me into a bigger Helberg addict immediately. In any case, I completely understand and respect your opinion.
Another one I look forward to is the new Marlin coming out soon in 40mm and 44mm with the option of black/orange and black/white bezel inlays. That's gonna be another winner, no doubt.
I took my Orca apart to understand the mechanism behind it. Thank you for your very understanding reply. What I must add is that we Europeans are hit by a 21% sales tax (VAT) and perhaps that makes that sticker price a bit less palatable. In other words, you're better of when you live outside the EU.

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch! 21% would make a huge difference to me. I can empathize with that. That would be frustrating, to say the least.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot, everyone !

You know you're my H2O Sensei, Danny ! Thanks again for everything. I gotta step up my game with a light box for better pics though.

Very cool mate. Great to see someone so passionate about their watch and what they are doing. Good stuff.
Thank you. Some times I wish I had less love for watches, seriously lol getting an adrenaline rush because of a case swap on a watch ? Yup that's me.

Here it is on a quick mount without lugs on most except I ended up with the NATO.

On Cuda

On Ancon leather from my Sea Shadow

On Swooon with custom vintage stitching for the Sea Shadow

On $20 canvas from eBay.

I really wish I could fit the green Kastantona canvas Zulu on it but it's too thick.

Thanks for viewing. I love sharing this passion even if I wish I had less :)

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Luis, that is out of this world !!! :smile-thumb2:(See what I did there?) :) Yup, honestly does look like some kind of advanced alien technology being used here Luis. I mean the way every detail from the hands, and markers, to the cases are done is epic. Can't get enough of all the design options, and looks, but this new one here is outstanding ! The angles, and slopes of the case, along with finishing are just remarkable ! Holy cowza Luis. Nice job ! Huge congrats here !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts