Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Space:
RR friend of mine, Tommy Montgomery owned an orange Pantera.
He was a Yardmaster, a batchelor and could afford one.
He gave me a ride, at speed. Scared the billybeejeebers outta me!

Lou Snutt

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Yep, thanks to a new law that passed, kit car manufacturers can now sell a certain amount of "turn key" models taking the hassle of finding donor vehicles and doing the final assemble yourself. DeLorean is one of the first to jump on board with what works out to be a brand new, slightly improved, version made using the original parts and molds. Can be registered and insured in all 50 states including California.
Pretty great news for all car nuts in general. I look forward to what other classics become available as turn key purchases in the next few years.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Cool car, but at $100K. Nah. A nice pre-owned Ferrari would be my choice for the same money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I hope they plan to make some improvements. The originals were pieces of shyte.
Underpowered with bad fit/finish, electrical nightmares. Only car worse - Bricklin.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Underpowered with bad fit/finish, electrical nightmares. Only car worse - Bricklin.

These won't be much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
955 Posts
Back in the 80's while residing in N.Y.was sitting at a red light one night when one of those came blowing by me with 3 White Plains police cars in pursuit.
Later turns out that it was Ace Frehley from KISS. They caught him and busted him for numerous traffic violations and cocaine possession.....Crazy Ace......Rock and Roll All Night And Party Everyday.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think they are planning a new engine and modern electronics. More or less the body will be original.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
345 Posts
Car is only $40,000 but it comes with $60,000 worth of coke.

I went to a holloween party dressed as DeLorean in a jump suit with white hair back in the day with bags of powdered sugar in my pockets. Won first place but got stopped by the cops on my way home. Had some 'spainin to do Lucy but it all ended well.

PS : I had a deposit on a Bricklin but came to my senses.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Ganson:
Remember when you could buy a Cobra Kit car from yer Ford dealer?
Scaled down from the British AC Cobra, had a 427 c i power plant.
One of em pictured in the film "American Graffitti" Carol Shelby and
Jim Hall raced an AC Cobra.

Guy in Ft Worth owned one. Black. A real eye cathcher.

Wonder why all those club DeLoreans are gray? Friend had an orange
Pantera.

Gonr but not forgotten

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Wonder why all those club DeLoreans are gray?

DeLoreans didn't come painted, just bare aluminum. I've seen a few painted ones, and they can look pretty cool. Still love the Pantera.

----
As Don pointed out, steel, not aluminum. I blame the copious amount of Percocet's that I am taking right now for the obvious error :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts