Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Long Time Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
imported post

Hey freeks,

Following that post on "Feiko's" {fake seiko's for thoses who didnt see it}, and a rather blatant remake of a recent divers by parnis . I found this "beauty" while searching for seiko divers watches on Fleabay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Norway-Olym...5791&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=2&#ht_5547wt_1074

These lovely watches are vaguely water resistant , and boast chinese made japanese quartz movements that keep time-ishly . These lovely Norsk watches display the staging place for the most recent olympics "london" on their dial where a dive rating would go, further muddying the waters as to who exactly is to blame for the watch . Enjoy !
Rod

· Long Time Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
imported post

A close up , for those that would like to memorize the watch , so they can studiously avoid it.

· Premium Member
25,162 Posts
imported post

Norway Olympic diver watch - created for Norway's London Olympic medal winners

[align=center]
[/align]
This is one of the NORSK watches created as gifts for the medal winning athletes from Norway in the Olympics. (the minimum lot is larger than needed for gifts) ________________________________________The design begins in obvious homage to what I consider the sexiest diver of all - the Seiko Monster - and makes many changes to "polish" it - as this design is Titled... "The Champion in Repose". To be worn during the celebration.(see note from owner’s manual below).Note the -1. Higher polish bezel & case2. Thinner markings on bezel3. Dressier hands4. Smooth bezel edges rather than jagged5. Precision quartz movement 6. Bezel smaller than case7. Bezel Guards much shorterThere are other differences - all designed to create a more elegant and (slightly) less rugged appeal. But when it's done you still have what I consider one polished beast. Seiko corporate was shown the watch and has no issues - "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ________________________________________ **This amazing timepiece boasts a genuine Miyota (Citizen) quartz movement**Case width 1.6' (42mm) thickness .47' (12mm)**Unidirectional bezel ________________________________________ NORSK began in 2006 when Norwegian designer Brian Undlin was granted the privilege of designing watches to be presented to the medal winners of the winter olympics(where Norway shines brightest)in Torino.(no more have been made since the extras from that lot were sold) ________________________________________ The watch comes with a certificate naming the member of Norway's Olympic committee who authorized the watches to be presented to the medal winning athletes.A Total of 17 watches were sent to the London medal winners via the following federations.Cycling (1)Fencing (1) Handball (14) Paddling (1)
________________________________________ "Norges London Medaljevinnere" translated this says "Norway's London Medal winners" ________________________________________
*The black faced watch is for the Gold medal winners.*White faced is for the Silver medal winners*Orange faced is for the bronze medal winners ________________________________________
If you have questions note the 100% positive feedback from those who purchased the earlier NORSK "leftovers"(including Norwegians who contacted the Olympic Committee for confirmation)

· Registered
651 Posts
imported post

... I just threw up a little.

I'm a big supporter of homage watches, but this has all the look and feel of a cheap Black Monster ripoff, and not even a good one at that. Anyone notice the Omega Planet Ocean'esque hands?

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
imported post

I guess you could call it an homage, but looks more like a cheap rip-off to me.

for another $50-$75 you could get the real thing which is one of the greatest (affordable) rugged divers ever made.

I would buy a Parnis long before I would buy something like this.

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
imported post

rarno8 wrote:
I do kind of wish, I could get a white faced monster. Not a Norsh.

Looks good. The snow monster is really cool, but too much $$ for me.
Shoot Harold an email ([email protected]) . He can do a modified white monster for you, or just sell you a dial and hands that you could put in yourself/have a watch repair shop put in for you.
Dial and hands would only be around $60 on top of the watch cost vs. what real white Monsters are going for.

· Long Time Member
4,745 Posts
imported post

ganson wrote:
rarno8 wrote:
I do kind of wish, I could get a white faced monster. Not a Norsh.

Looks good. The snow monster is really cool, but too much $$ for me.
Shoot Harold an email ([email protected]) . He can do a modified white monster for you, or just sell you a dial and hands that you could put in yourself/have a watch repair shop put in for you.
Dial and hands would only be around $60 on top of the watch cost vs. what real white Monsters are going for.
I was considering the mod too, he quoted about 550 for it, if i remember correctly, but the pip is still black, just so you know. He doest want to touch it for fear of damaging the lume bead.

· Registered
5,284 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Funny.
So Parnis ripping off Lumtec, no one cares, And some think it's flattering.
But rip off a Seiko and it's a no no .
:whatever::)
Hey now. What are you trying to do...use logic? There's no counter arguments to logic. It's kinda like when I get a new watch and my wife asks me, "Why do you need another watch?".

Not fair...logic doesn't have a place in watch collecting. :t:%:lol

· Registered
18 Posts
norsk fan

I appear to be the only one in this entire thread who actually owns a norsk. I've had it nearly a year and I love it. It keeps perfect time and is beautiful.
It is obviously similar to the Seiko Monster but I find several differences. I have swam with it many times and it's waterproof. (no diving for me)
I always find it funny that people give so much hate to homages when Seiko themselves has an amazing Rolex Submariner homage.

· Premium Member
25,162 Posts
I would like to know who made these watches.

Is it possible Seiko is involved in making these blatant copies.... I mean similar homages?

· Registered
7,661 Posts
I appear to be the only one in this entire thread who actually owns a norsk. I've had it nearly a year and I love it. It keeps perfect time and is beautiful.
It is obviously similar to the Seiko Monster but I find several differences. I have swam with it many times and it's waterproof. (no diving for me)
I always find it funny that people give so much hate to homages when Seiko themselves has an amazing Rolex Submariner homage.
Not quite sure why you have a picture of a Seiko and not your norsk. Enlighten us.

· Administrator
11,594 Posts
It is obviously similar to the Seiko Monster but I find several differences.
How are they different? It seems like a blatant copy to me.

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
That Seiko submarriner homage you posted a picture of is not a very good example. While it shares a similar case style to a Rolex Submariner (as do hundreds, if not thousands, of other watches on the market), the one you posted is a modified SKX031 with an aftermarket submariner style insert and Rolex styled Mercedes hands set. I believe that one in particular is a stock photo that Harold (Yobokies) uses for his parts. I personally own on, although i fitted mine with a snowflake handset.

The Norsk is a blatant rip off of a very original Seiko design. I'm not bashing it because of that, I am just pointing it out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts