Watch Freeks banner

The Best Thing You Have Ever Eaten......

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  DenFromNM 
#1 ·
imported post

When I was a kid my parents bought their very first new car. My dad was so proud; he took all of us out to a "fancy" seafood restaurant in Maryland. Understand, my father was an enlisted military man; we were not rich and bordered on poor. We rarely got what we wanted as kids but always had what we needed.
Anyway, I ordered something called Lobster Newburg....it was heaven. It was without question the best thing that I had ever eaten. Since then I have tried various versions and nothing compares. I'm sure if I went back to the same place it would not be as good. The moment made the meal what it was. I was happy that my parents were so happy........ I have built up that moment in my head to the point that it will always be the best thing I've ever eaten.

CJ

#2 ·
imported post

My parents took me out to a Japanese restaurant when I was 12 and I had Shrimp Tempura. They did this to celebrate my birthday. It was a special moment because I got to be wined and dined without my siblings to steal my food Ha Ha LOL!! I still remember how good that tempura was to this day. Every once in a while I will go back to this same restaurant and have the exact same meal and it doesn't taste as good as when I was 12 so I agree with you CJ I think it was the moment that made the meal. Thanks for sharing my friend.

#4 ·
imported post

Rip!! My Brotha!!!
Man, great to hear from ya!
I was actually laughing and thining to myself that if you were around I knew how ya might answer my question!!!!:%:%:%:%

Know you've been busy; hope the project is going as planned.
Hey, did that tourby come in??

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
I dont think I can answer that on this particular forum CJ!!!

Oh....never mind sure I can a Peach!

#5 ·
imported post

The car is coming along nicely, like I said not my kind of car but I am having a blast. The Tourby is due in tomorrow, I am excited "Like a fat chick on a.......I probably shouldnt say that huh!!!LOL

#6 ·
imported post

Best thing I ever ate brings me back to Brooklyn growing up. Johns deli in bensonhurst...the infamous Roast beef with caramelized onions, fresh mozz and their infamous oil gravy....I actually just had one this past weekend...they actually opened up a location in Staten island...yummmmmmyyyyy

#8 ·
imported post

Man, this is a hard question, because i have eaten so many things that I loved, but if i had to answer i would say it was a veal tenderloin with mushroom au jus with sweet potato gnocchi in cinnamon butter sauce..........It was at a local Italian Rest.....it was amazing, one of the best meals i ever had.........

#9 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
When I was a kid my parents bought their very first new car. My dad was so proud; he took all of us out to a "fancy" seafood restaurant in Maryland. Understand, my father was an enlisted military man; we were not rich and bordered on poor. We rarely got what we wanted as kids but always had what we needed.
Anyway, I ordered something called Lobster Newburg....it was heaven. It was without question the best thing that I had ever eaten. Since then I have tried various versions and nothing compares. I'm sure if I went back to the same place it would not be as good. The moment made the meal what it was. I was happy that my parents were so happy........ I have built up that moment in my head to the point that it will always be the best thing I've ever eaten.

CJ
Cool story, CJ! :)

Do you remember the name of the restaurant (I lived in Maryland for 20+ years).

I think my "best food" was the very first tenderloin steak I ate. It was grilled by my friend's Dad, a butcher. It was the first Quality steak I ever had, cooked to perfection (med. rare), and spiced just right! To this point, I had always eaten low quality, over cooked, bland shoe leather! :lol

I'm sure that very steak today wouldn't taste like it did that day . . . it was the whole experience that made the steak yummy! :)

#12 ·
imported post

I honestly have no idea Rick. I was a kid and paid no attention to the name. I once asked my folks a few years back when I was traveling back and forth to the east coast but even they could not recall. It was the only time we ever went there.....:)

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ
Cool story, CJ! :)

Do you remember the name of the restaurant (I lived in Maryland for 20+ years).

I think my "best food" was the very first tenderloin steak I ate. It was grilled by my friend's Dad, a butcher. It was the first Quality steak I ever had, cooked to perfection (med. rare), and spiced just right! To this point, I had always eaten low quality, over cooked, bland shoe leather! :lol

I'm sure that very steak today wouldn't taste like it did that day . . . it was the whole experience that made the steak yummy! :)

#13 ·
imported post

I have eaten so many good meals in my life I cant pin point one out, But when I was in high school there was a small shack on a corner with stools to sit on. that sold a chile hotdog it was so good that my friends and i used the place to meet. Went back some yearslater to get a dog and the place was gone the block had been turned into a mini mall. I still remember that chile dog to this day.

#15 ·
imported post

That's such an easy one.....

The Turtle Soup at Emeril's NOLA in New Orleans, in the "Quarter." Well...everything I've had at an Emeril's is to die for...but his Turtle Soup is unreal. It's so unreal....it's hard to explain how good it is...and I've had this at many different places around the US....but nothing compares to his Turtle Soup. And yes...it's made with turtle meat....a local variety that is not endangered...and is grown for market.

And as a kid...there was a taco stand just about a half mile from our house and when we had some spending money, we would go there and get 2 Tacos al Pastor and a soda for 45 cents.....goodness were they delicious. The guy also made great mexican pastries and desserts...and I think my younger brother Richard cried when he closed his Taco place.....he loved the guys food!!!

#16 ·
imported post

I once ate a peach that was so Smooth, so Juicy and so Fresh it was unreal. I think it took me at LEAST 90 minutes to eat that peach, I savored every last little drop. There were so many things about this peach that made it the perfect peach, but one thing that made it so pleasurable too eat was it had almost ZERO fuzz on it. Man that was a good peach!!!:%

#17 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I once ate a peach that was so Smooth, so Juicy and so Fresh it was unreal. I think it took me at LEAST 90 minutes to eat that peach, I savored every last little drop. There were so many things about this peach that made it the perfect peach, but one thing that made it so pleasurable too eat was it had almost ZERO fuzz on it. Man that was a good peach!!!:%
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

#18 ·
imported post

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW

:eek::eek::eek:

RipitRon wrote:

#19 ·
imported post

Made you want to go each some peach didnt it!:%

I did!

Jackprime1 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

#20 ·
imported post

The best thing I've ever eaten was an ice cream cone, yup...Big, smooth & as tasty as anything I've ever wrapped my lips around. I licked one side and then the other, I wanted to make it last, I really did but, it was a hot summer day...

#21 ·
imported post

Although I do love a sweet peach, I'm gonna go with the best slice of...pizza I ever had. It was circa 1980 and was at Sally's Apizza in New Haven. It was family tradition that, every Friday night, we'd go there as a family- about a dozen of us. My grandfather was good friends with Sally, so we'd always walk right in (and past the line that would go out the door and 1/2 way down the street) and get seated right away. It seemed immediate that our 2 booths were covered with pies and pitchers of beer and soda. Mozzerella has always been my fave but my grandfather would always order a Neopolitan, which is just plain with Marinara sauce, and boy is it good. They've been using the same brick oven for 100 years and the crust is SO thin. Nowadays, I will take my family there a few times a year, and it's still the best pizza I've ever had, but for many reasons, it was so much better when I was sitting next to "Pop".

#22 ·
imported post

A fellow Peach lover, Niiiiiice!

BIGtime wrote:
Although I do love a sweet peach, I'm gonna go with the best slice of...pizza I ever had. It was circa 1980 and was at Sally's Apizza in New Haven. It was family tradition that, every Friday night, we'd go there as a family- about a dozen of us. My grandfather was good friends with Sally, so we'd always walk right in (and past the line that would go out the door and 1/2 way down the street) and get seated right away. It seemed immediate that our 2 booths were covered with pies and pitchers of beer and soda. Mozzerella has always been my fave but my grandfather would always order a Neopolitan, which is just plain with Marinara sauce, and boy is it good. They've been using the same brick oven for 100 years and the crust is SO thin. Nowadays, I will take my family there a few times a year, and it's still the best pizza I've ever had, but for many reasons, it was so much better when I was sitting next to "Pop".

#23 ·
imported post

When I moved to NYC in the early 90's I went to have sushi for the first time. I had always loved Chinese food but had no interest in sushi at all. Sushi was really getting trendy in The City at the time and many of my friends went out for it multiple times a week. A buddy Scott and I went to one of the better known places on the upper west side.

I was hesitant but willing to try anything new. I was instantly hooked (no pun intended) and could not get enough.

It was the eel roll that did it for me. Still one of my favorites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.