Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I suffer severly from Accutronitis. Have for 50 years.
1st Bulova was the WW2 issue A11.Bought in 1949.
2nd Bulova the 218, twin forl quartz Accutron.
3rd, 4th and 5th Bulovas are the HF Precisionist engine
pieces.

I'm hooked, hook, line and sinker on Accutronists,
Altho some of the mentioned watches aren't Accutrons.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice collection!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
You need a Spaceview in that collection. Otherwise it is very impressive.

Reactions: Accutronitis

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Very impressive collection. Thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Most impressive collection of Accutrons. I would be happy to have just one similar to any of these. All in such beautiful condition as well.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The original picture seems to be missing so here is an updated picture from the first of the year 2018 and 2019...

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
Breathtaking collection Accutronitis, and can't believe all of the different
models, and combinations here to tell the truth ! :eek2: :smileyface_hand_cla

What's fantastic is not only are the cases, dials, and what's beneath it
all remarkable, but how about just the bracelets?! :eek:

Really are special watches, and one incredible collection !!!

Thanks a ton for the pictures !

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Breathtaking collection Accutronitis, and can't believe all of the different
models, and combinations here to tell the truth ! :eek2: :smileyface_hand_cla

What's fantastic is not only are the cases, dials, and what's beneath it
all remarkable, but how about just the bracelets?! :eek:

Really are special watches, and one incredible collection !!!

Thanks a ton for the pictures !
Thanks, For a great Accutron collection the watch is only half the battle, Great Accutron bracelets are getting very hard to find and the really great ones go for as high as a $1,000.00 or more...

I wish I could say I still have that collection intact but sadly to say that collection has been all but sold off with just a few remaining, I do still have one of my all-time favorite 214's still and it will never go anywhere unless someone offers some ungodly amount that I just can't pass up... Never say never with Bulova...

This watch has a NOS straight-sided JB Champion Bullet Link Bracelet that had never been used when I bought it for a steal!

And of course, I still have my "WCB" tribute pocket watch I built up from all Bulova 214 factory parts with its 12 Hour Military dial and Bulova P/N WS-25 white spade handset, I don't ever see this one going anywheres...

Maybe someday I'll have a loop laser welded to it so I can add a pocket watch chain to it so I don't lose it, It's a slippery little watch and it's already slipped out of my pocket once while kicking back on the couch...

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
Those two alone make for a terrific collection, and are extra special Accutronitis ! :cool: :thumb:

They are both watches you won't see everywhere else, or anywhere else,
and give you everything you enjoy about Accutrons in two amazing packages.
So, it all works out, you still have these beauties, and then still have the
memories, and of course great pics of those previous marvels. :)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
That's a sad story there. :Cry: I hope you got you moneys worth out of them. I still have the half dozen hummers I was trying to sell you when I was going through a difficult financial situation. I wanted at least one of every movement variation. Wound up with (3)214's, (1)218, (1)219, and maybe one of the best 224 Accuquartz's out there with what I believe is the original Hadley-Roma bracelet. If not original, certainly period correct.
I think they are one of a kind watches and will never get rid of them though they're not as nice as yours were. I always liked the coffin link bracelet myself. I've seen that they are bringing it back on some of the newer models. But the likes of these will never be seen again. Still amazing to me that they built those things with pencils, paper, chalkboards and brains. No such thing as a computer back then. Hold on to those last two... :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts