Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I had never seen one of these in person until today and when I did - WOW. What a monster of a watch - but not only large, but really classy.

The 55mm Invicta Men's Specialty Collection The Admiral COSC Automatic Stainless Steel Watch #3465 is a BEAUTIFUL timepiece. The bracelet is fantastic looking also.

If you have one of these please post your pictures and wrist shots in this thread.

Watch Information
Brand Name: Invicta
Model number: INVICTA-3465
Part Number: 3465
Dial window material type: Mineral
Clasp: fold-over-clasp-with-safety
Case material: stainless-steel
Case diameter: 55 millimeters
Case Thickness: 14 millimeters
Band material: stainless-steel
Band length: mens
Band width: 24 millimeters
Dial color: black
Bezel material: stainless-steel
Bezel Function: stationary
Calendar: Date
Movement: swiss-automatic
Water resistant depth: 330 Feet
Warranty Type: Manufacturer

With a spare yet distinctive design, the Admiral COSC Automatic Watch from the Invicta Specialty Collection is rugged enough to be worn at sea, yet elegant enough to accompany a captain into ballrooms or important meetings. The stylish black dial features a subtle silver sunray pattern, luminous-tipped silver bar hour markers, and Arabic numerals at 12 o'clock and six o'clock. An outer ring of indexes allows easy seconds timing, and the date displays discreetly at three o'clock. The silver-tipped hands are luminous for easy reading day or night, and the slender silver seconds hand continues the look of the silver-tone stainless steel bezel. The stainless steel case measures 55 millimeters across for a powerful presence, and the 24-millimeter stainless steel band has a secure fold-over clasp with safety latch. This well-made watch is powered by Swiss-automatic movement and is water resistant up to 330 feet. It is backed by the manufacturer's comprehensive 1-year warranty.

Specialty Collection

Communicating time with ingenious innovation, the Invicta Specialty collection is the shining example of invention in motion. This collection captures the revelation of intuition in transcendent pieces that better depict the very nature of time. Acclaimed for unique designs, stellar movements and superior craftsmanship, Invicta Specialty inhabits the cusp of horology, where creative minds turn complications into challenges and make history one masterpiece at a time.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

It was really really nice in person and a great looking watch. 2 people commented on it while we were sitting there without even knowing it was a COSC watch with a really cool open case back.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I owned one of these and traded it a little while back!

The movement was extremely accurate (the most accurate automatic I owned), and it was good looking as well!

I will say that this watch wore HUGE!

The case is 50mm, but the dial is 45 of those 50mm! :BE

Ultimately with my shrinking wrist, I reluctantly traded it!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

eric4- I too was surprised to see it has a mineral crystal- I'd definately be paranoid wearing that one, considering how often I bang my watch into things (by accident, of course).
BUT, it is still a very sweet piece; even the bracelet is a beauty! Nice watch, Arnie! Thanks for posting this, TV!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I don't know the weight on the watch in grams, but it was heavier than my Grand Divers and Ocean Ghosts.

My understanding on the crystal choice was due to it's size. A sapphire crystal that large might shatter more easily than a mineral one would.

The movement IS tiny inside of the case (but accurate as can be)! :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
imported post

I was always after the titanium version but never seemed to have the funds at the right time but when I saw one for sale locally here for very little money in steel I snapped it up and I'm glad I did, it really is one of Invicta's nicest watches.

Mine is in my weekly work rotation so I make no apologies for it's condition it's very comfy for such a big piece, far more so than an RD or such like IMO.

My only gripe is it's just waaay to shiny, so I'm going to have it beadblasted after christmas so it looks more like it's Ti cousin.

Seriously comfy big watch, not too heavy and for me doesn't wear as big as an RD

This is Just how big this beast is! that is a full size SAIII

A couple of dial close ups for you..

It really is a nicely detailed piece of kit

Running well within COSC specs, for me an absolute keeper!

Steve

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Ok, so now the question is........... who DOES have the titanium version with blue dial. I was telling James today that I had a shot to pick that one up on Shop's auction some years ago and bailed out at $450. Sorry I did cause that was an awesome piece IMO!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Ok, so now the question is........... who DOES have the titanium version with blue dial. I was telling James today that I had a shot to pick that one up on Shop's auction some years ago and bailed out at $450. Sorry I did cause that was an awesome piece IMO!!
I still "toy" with the idea of getting the titanium version. I love that blue dial and the weight difference would be noticeable :)

I've watched a few over the months on eBay, and just never bought one. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.