Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Freeks...Found this article on the web...I am very interested in learning more about German made watches since i really dont know too much about them and really want to add some to my collection...This article listed the 10 best brands of German made Dive watches...This one is for you Don!!!!Enjoy Freeks and lets post some info on these awesome German made watches... Click Link Below: 10 Best German made watch Link

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Ten Best German Dive Watches
By Michael Felix Photography

German watch companies manufacture really unique dive watches. German dive watches are water proof from two hundred meters and all the way to one thousand meters. Many German dive watches are very chunky and usually come on stainless steel or titanium bracelet, rubber strap or leather strap. Dive watches, being the toughest of all watch types, would last a lifetime in all kinds of conditions. And the German dive watches are no exception. Take a closer look at the unique dive watches from the Federal Republic of Germany.

Famous German watch company Sinn manufactures various great watches and one of them is Sinn U1. Sinn U1 is probably the best dive watch that you can find for a price under two thousand dollars. First of all, the design of this great dive watch is very unique. Second of all, this watch is water proof up to one thousand meters, while most other Swiss dive watches in the same price range and with the same automatic movement are water proof up to only three hundred meters. And finally, this dive watch is made of not a regular stainless steel but of a submarine steel. The steel that is used to make Sinn U1 dive watch is the same steel that is used to make German submarines. This submarine steel is very sea water resistant and is also highly anti-magnetic. You can get a Sinn U1 with a submarine steel bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement for about eighteen hundred dollars. This watch is 44mm wide and is water proof up to one thousand meters. Sinn U1 comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.

Limes is a great German watch company that produces very affordable watches. They manufacture a unique dive watch called Limes 1Tausend Series II. This watch is water proof up to one thousand meters and is 41mm wide. You can purchase a Limes 1Tausend Series II with a stainless steel bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement for about twelve hundred dollars. Limes 1Tausend Series II comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.Muhle Glashutte is a very famous German watch company. They manufacture a stylish dive watch called Muhle Glashutte Search and Rescue. Muhle Glashutte Search and Rescue watch is an official watch of the German Search and Rescue team. This watch is water proof up to one thousand meters and is 42mm wide. The price tag for a Muhle Glashutte Search and Rescue with a stainless steel bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about two thousand dollars.

Muhle Glashutte Search and Rescue comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.Schaumburg is another great German watch company that manufactures a chunky dive watch called Schaumburg AquaDiver. This watch is water proof up to two hundred meters and is 43mm wide.

Schaumburg AquaDiver is a COSC certified chronometer and comes with a COSC certification. The price tag for a Schaumburg AquaDiver with a stainless steel case and a water resistant black calf leather strap and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about eleven hundred dollars. Schaumburg AquaDiver comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.

STOWA is another great German watch company that manufactures a chunky dive watch called STOWA Seatime ProDiver. This watch is water proof up to one thousand meters and is 42mm wide. The price tag for a STOWA Seatime ProDiver with a stainless steel case and a black rubber strap and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about eleven hundred dollars. STOWA Seatime ProDiver comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.

Glashutte Original is another very famous German watch company. They manufacture a great dive watch called Glashutte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date. This watch is water proof up to two hundred meters and is 42mm wide. The price tag for a Glashutte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date with a stainless steel bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about seven thousand dollars. Glashutte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.Tutima is a very well known German watch company. They manufacture a great dive watch called Tutima DI 300. This watch is water proof up to three hundred meters and is 42mm wide. The price tag for a Tutima DI 300 with a titanium bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about eighteen hundred dollars. Tutima DI 300 comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.

Archimede is a great German watch company that produces very affordable watches. They manufacture a stylish dive watch called Archimede SportTaucher. This watch is water proof up to three hundred meters and is 41mm wide. You can purchase a Archimede SportTaucher with a stainless steel case and a shark leather strap and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement for about seven hundred dollars. Archimede SportTaucher comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.

Nivrel is another great German watch company that manufactures a sleek dive watch called Nivrel Deep Sea. This watch is water proof up to one thousand meters and is 42mm wide. The price tag for a Nivrel Deep Sea with a stainless steel bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about seven hundred dollars. Nivrel Deep Sea comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.

And finally, Arctos is another great German watch company that manufactures a chunky dive watch called Arctos Marine Diver. This watch is water proof up to two hundred meters and is 42mm wide. The price tag for a Arctos Marine Diver with a stainless steel bracelet and an automatic (self-winding mechanical) movement is about twelve hundred dollars. Arctos Marine Diver comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.German watch companies manufacture great quality dive watches at very reasonable prices. Mentioned above German watch companies might be less known than Swiss watch companies but they manufacture watches that are as collectible and as high quality as Swiss ones.

German dive watches like Sinn U1, Limes 1Tausend Series II, Muhle Glashutte Search and Rescue, Schaumburg AquaDiver, STOWA Seatime ProDiver, Glashutte Original Sport Evolution Panorama Date, Tutima DI 300, Arctos Marine Diver, Archimede SportTaucher and Nivrel Deep Sea are definitely great alternatives to more famous Swiss dive watches like Omega Seamaster, Rolex Submariner, Longines Hydroconquest, Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk, Oris TT1 Divers, Breitling Aeromarine Superocean , TAG Heuer Aquaracer or IWC Aquatimer. 2009 © Associated Content, All rights reserved.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

If I could afford a Sinn.....I would definetly buy one. My cousin has one...he lives and works in Germany...and it's a great watch. I get their emails all the time.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
If I could afford a Sinn.....I would definetly buy one. My cousin has one...he lives and works in Germany...and it's a great watch. I get their emails all the time.
really cool watch but if i buy one i have to worry if Don is gonna cut my hand off and make away with my Sinn....lol....Thanks for your input much appreciated...

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Maybe we can put this in the German watch sub forum? Hey Don did you check this article out?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Moved to German Watch Forum.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

tv dinner, no bull, you should be the one to join jim and shawn on snbc! your product knowledge blows me away..you could charge (pay per view) for your knowledge. thank you for the education. i now know who to ask when i have a question about a watch prior to purchase. if you don.t know i got the feeling you will find the answers for us..a sincer thank you..rob a.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Love My Wristwear wrote:
tv dinner, no bull, you should be the one to join jim and shawn on snbc! your product knowledge blows me away..you could charge (pay per view) for your knowledge. thank you for the education. i now know who to ask when i have a question about a watch prior to purchase. if you don.t know i got the feeling you will find the answers for us..a sincer thank you..rob a.
It is not me Rob!! I am learning just like everyone else here. I just reposed the full article that Jackprime1 originally mentioned. I did not write it and I am not an authority. I am just a fan and enthusiast like the rest of us!!! lol

If you have any questions you should always post your questions on the board FOR EVERYONE and someone should/will be able to help.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

andrema wrote:
My current German Made Watches...
Stowa Seatime ~

Dievas Vortex ~
Awesome watches Andrema...Lets see some more German made watches freeks...

·
Registered
570 Posts
imported post

all i know is u-boat if it's spelled right too much money for me.they make some real big ones

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

An Interesting read. Submarine Steel!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts