Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about?

From the designers to the great pilots all the way to the mechanics, the Schneider Cup has enough heroes to nouri- sh an entire cycle of legends like that of the seaplane MC 72, piloted by Marshal Francesco Agello. On October 23rd 1934, the “Red Arrow” reached the velocity of 709 Km/h, beating its previous achievement and setting a new, still unbeaten, world record.
Inspired by this extraordinary endeavor, the new AVIATO- RE exhibit a further qualitative improvement of the product trademarked Swiss Made. The AVIO MK-II is proposed in four versions: tropical, classic, white and gun.

Swiss made automatic movement
Bottom plate with screws
5atm water resistant
Titanium medallion applied to the case with MC 72 shape
Sapphire crystal with lents at 6
Microgummy “Made in Italy” strap with raw rope
Numbered series
Baselworld 2014 preview
Price: around 1700€

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I like the pilot look. However, there are a ton of quality watches that have this styling at a much more attractive price point. I don't see anything here that makes this stand out. I might be missing something that makes this special. If I am, please present it for us.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I'm pretty open minded. And at first I thought it was an affordable watch. Maybe $200. And at first glance and initial assumption I liked it and didn't hate it. Although the cyclops bugs the heck out of me.

But then I saw the price. At that price..not a FAN at all. And 4 screw back plate not a screwdown caseback on a 1K+ watch? Really? I can deal with 4 screw backplate on my Gshocks. But not on a 1k+ watch. That's unacceptable at that price point.

Looks like more of an affordable than a 1K+ high quality time piece.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I like the look. But at that price would be competing against quite a few watches I think I would choose first. Not sure if it's just the angle but the date window looks a bit small compared to the number. Pretty cool strap. What is the movement. Swiss automatic is a bit vague

sent via mobile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts