Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys had a chance to see these new watches? Or heard of this brand?

The name of the company is Taniwha, and the watch is the Ururoa 200 meter dive watch everyone. With Taniwha being a Maori word that means spirits of the deep, and Ururoa meaning great white shark.

If you look closely, the crown gurads even remind you of shark's teeth. Add to that a 42mm case, sapphire crystal, luminous dial makers, hands, and lume pip, and you have a really cool looking dive watch. Plus underneath it all is Miyota's 9015 automatic movement, and it looks like it will come with a leather strap too.

Have a look...

Watchpaper with more...

http://www.watchpaper.com/2015/11/01/taniwha-ururoa-dive-watch-hands-on-preview/

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Sharp. I like the all black bezel vs a black insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
When checking this on Kickstarter it indicated funding for this piece had been cancelled :confused2:. Do like the looks of the blue dial version and would have been interested in seeing this piece realized. But I'm not sure whether that's going to happen now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Funding was cancelled for further development.
They are making alterations to dial fonts and other minor alterations , based on feed back.
They will be relaunching when changes are complete.
Reviews on The Time Bum and Watchpaper.com

·
Banned
754 Posts
I quite like it. Only wore it for a few moments today before work and now since I've been home. Love the crown guards, I'm a sucker for cool crown guards. It wears super comfy. This color combo reminds me of a Deep Blue Master Explorer 1000 but a more wearable 42mm by 48mm version and nicer bezel. I can't wait to try different straps on it ASAP.

IMO it's a great looking daily wearer that you'll never meet anyone else with. I know it'll reach goal when it goes back to KS after changing a few things.

Reactions: scotty
1 - 12 of 12 Posts