Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a tag link that looks real nice, however I am suspicious about it. The model number on the rear is WZ201A. I cannot find anything anywhere regarding this model number. However I still feel this just (I mean just) be genuine. Anyone throw any light on this please, could it be rare, or a test model???? I dunno. I can't post pics at moment as away until Sunday. Oh and it says calibre 5 on the front but it's a Quartz if this says anything to anyone

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tags Aquaracers, links and Carreras are the most replicated models.

I'd do more research on the seller than the watch itself. If no papers, I'd stay clear even though the price may be enticing.

Usually, what gives the replicas away is the caseback......inconsistent engraving, position of serial #, lettering, etc. Same goes for dial.

You could also call Tag customer service and see if the serial was ever registered by the prev owner (which really doesnt say much as grey market watches won't be registered anyway but worth a try if it was purchased from a AD).

And find a 'real-life' picture of the link in question..download it. Get the picture from the seller and enlarge it on your computer and do a eyeball for indices, lettering, etc.

But like I said...if the seller is deicy, stay away. Dont even bother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Home now and looked thru an eyeglass at the Quartz movement and it says Japan on it, so Defo a fake

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Oh and it says calibre 5 on the front but it's a Quartz if this says anything to anyone
Caliber 5 is a mechanical, usually an ETA 2824-2 or a Sellita SW200-2.

If it's a quartz and say's it's caliber 5 it's a fake, no ifs, ands, or buts!

If it was a Quartz model and legit, it would be a Swiss quartz movement, not Japanese, it's wrong on all counts.

Hope you didn't pay to much money for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts