Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
The Connected Watch is big at 46.2mm across and 12.8mm thick, but it's made of titanium, so it's surprisingly light. The bezel is marked in five-minute increments and has a black carbide coating that gives some contrast against the case's brushed and sandblasted surfaces. Paired with one of seven colors of vulcanized rubber strap and a matching titanium buckle, it looks and wears a lot like one of TAG's mechanical watches.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just saw pictures and videos of this on Instagram from ablogtowatch. That's awesome. Pricey at $1500, but still better than the $10k apple watch. Lol.

·
11,667 Posts
I think it's pretty cool looking, but wish it were a 43mm instead of 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Features and styling aside, I knew this was coming.
What I didn't expect is that they would shoot themselves in the foot, and let people know they really weren't serious about doing a smartwatch with this "feature" they call Connected to Eternity. Basically, after 2 years, the owner can bring the watch into a Tag retailer, pay another $1,500, and trade it in (get this), for not another Connected watch, but for a MECHANICAL one!

They basically are saying out the gate that no one will want to trade up for the next connected watch, or that in 2 years they will have likely canned the project all together.

You can't half ass this stuff. Apple knew that when they jumped in the ring, but Tag obviously couldn't care less.

·
Super Moderator
12,934 Posts
Actually like what TAG Heuer has done with this one. :thumb: You can tell the watch was made by a watch company, and watch people. Just the way you can make it look, and feel like a real Carrera is ultra cool imho, and then to have all of the smart watch features is terrific too. :smileyface_hand_cla I'm not really a smart watch person, but this has kind of cool hybrid feel to it. Think it's very nice guys ! Appreciate the links, and also info everyone !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts