Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

The watch looks gorgeous after the overhaul. Was it worth it? How much did something like that cost as compared to the value of the watch? I'm interested because I have a watch that I'm considering restoring but it might cost more then if I replaced it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Great story of a very cool watch!

What movement is inside, 2824-2?

Thanks for sharing your great pics and for sharing the great watch!

ENJOY!
I think it is a ETA 2892 A2 automatic, 25 jewels, hacking.

I only know this because I was looking at them on the net after dedward made his initial post.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Its the 2892-a2 cosc movement.Cost for this type of service? not bad at all.I had my ad in California send it in at his cost.About 350.00 for the entire service including the parts.That was a big part of this.parts.I was lucky that tag still had the bezel.

kent parks did the lume work.that was 150.00. Thats a really good price.heres how you can do this for less money.If its a fairly expensive watch, 2 companies can do it for less than the brand company can do it for.jack, who owns iww, does lume, movement services, repairs and refinishing.Jack charges about 75 to do a 2824 and 150 to service a chronograph.But you get new seals, the movement is taken apart, cleaned, lubed and the normal wear parts are replaced.Also in included it the wr test and timing the movement.His refinish work is also at a great price.Its broken down into the condition of the case.if the case is scratched and dented, that costs more to repair, then refinish. I don't use jack for lume work though. Kent parks is much better at this.Mine was lumed using C-3 luminova, then a clear gloss sealer applied.Its a torch now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.